Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
OK, I have my iMac with my main library, my MacBook and my wifes XP lappy all with iTunes installed. We have all the librarys shared so when we are at home we can access all the songs no problem.

However, when we go out (train, plane etc) for work and take our lappys inevitably songs are missing as we used to have them via the shared librarys to each other.

Is there a way you can copy songs from a shared iTunes library as it won't let you do this out the box so wondered if there is a 3rd party tool you can get which lets you do this?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
The easiest solution is probably to transfer the files manually via external storage, a network or something similar, and then import the tracks into your own libraries. For anti-piracy measures and in compliance with MacRumors' pirating policy, you probably won't get a solution that'll get the tracks directly from the Shared Playlists, sorry. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.