Sharing purchased music from iTunes Music Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tech4all, Apr 17, 2005.

1. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Ok quick question here. We just purchased our first song from the iTunes Music Store. This is sorta new to us. I know you can put purchased music from iTunes Music Store on up to 5 computers (that have been authorized, of course). Is there any particular procedure to copy purchased music from one computer to another? Can you just copy and paste them through the network or disc?

I know this is probably a very simple question, but I'm new to this so I just want to be sure.

Thanks for any info :)

EDIT: Never mind, I think we got it. Just copied the file to the other computer, opened it with iTunes, authorized it, and it worked. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this! :)

2. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

I think also if you burn it onto a CD and then rip it onto the other computer it won't require authorization, if you want to avoid it in the future...

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Yep, don't forget you can also share songs and stream them directly over your home network with iTunes (computers still need to be authorized to share purchased songs this way). Of course this requires the "server" machine (the one with the song file on it) to be on when playing from another machine.