Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rikscha

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
London
I shared 3 videos within three different photostreams which doesn't really work. I can create a photostream that includes video but I cannot play the videos. You press play and it will load infinitely on either iPhone or iPad. It does work when you publish the photostream to a website. Anyone?

Thanks.

LinuxDoc

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Same here.. since the iOS 7 GoldenMaster, Videos in Photosteams stops working ;-(

With the last Beta versions it works fine.

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Having a similar issue. I've shared a short video to a friend's video stream. It plays fine on my Apple TV (6.0 f/w) and on the iPad where the video originated however he cannot play it on his iPad mini and I cannot play it on my iPhone. All devices on iOS 7.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Same problem here, it just will never play. We tried different videos, some of them just a few seconds long, but to no success. We are all using iOS7, and none of us can play the videos.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Is there anyone on this forum that made this work somehow?
I would really like this feature, but I just can't find a way to do it.

ne0star

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
Yeah I can't play shared videos on my iphone or iPad, but they weirdly play fine on my Apple TV since yesterday's update.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My or shared photostream or both?

I can see why it wouldn't work in "my" photostream ignoring the obvious PHOTOstream but I use "my" photostream as the screen saver on my ATV. Be awkward if videos just started playing however I recognize my ability to remove them from "my" photostream if that was a problem.

Meh, just tossing ideas out there.

----------

Yeah I can't play shared videos on my iphone or iPad, but they weirdly play fine on my Apple TV since yesterday's update.

On this, like I mentioned in my previous post. What happens during the screen saver on your ATV? I never tried it.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
I must be confused but I thought that as of iOS 7, all videos (as long as below 5 minutes) will be included in our photostream. I know it works if I share a photostream with someone else, but I mostly use photostream to wirelessly download pics to my Macs.

Was I wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.