Sharks will beat Red Wings in 7

Discussion in 'Community' started by Steradian, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Steradian macrumors 6502

The SJ Sharks will make quickwork of the aves this week, and soon play the Red Wings. I think the sharks will be able to draw the Wings out to 7 games, and move on to the finals. Eh? What So do you people think :p

2. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

3. womencantsail macrumors member

How 'bout that, some fellow Sharks fans!

I think you're underestimating them, I say the Sharks dispose of the Wings in 5. The Sharks are just too deep, and too fast. And even without playing their best game in 2 & 3 against Colorado, they've still managed to win.

And is it just me, or does Aebischer need to be thrown out of a game, or at least fined? I'm not going to lie and say that the Sharks haven't touched him, but thats no need to go cheap shotting their players. Everytime somebody in a teal sweater comes near him, he throws a punch. And how could he not even get fined for the swing he took at Dimitrakos in Game 1. Or maybe the punches he threw in Game 2. He was better tonight, but still, got his punches in. When Nabakov gets run into, he doesn't start throwing haymakers, he skates away, and let's the skaters do any retaliation.

And I recognize that Peter Forsberg may be the best player in the world, but that doesn't mean he should be able to do whatever he wants. I mean, tonight he was sitting to the side of the goal, holding two players, yet the Colorado fans boo because there wasn't a call against the Sharks. He's also gotten away with an abundance of interference, roughing, tripping penalties. I know its the playoffs and that you tend to not call something unless its pretty obvious, but swallowing your whistle is just ridiculous.

4. Steradian thread starter macrumors 6502

haha awesome I am glad you caught that too. I was swearing like a sailor at the end of game 1. When the Aves managed to get away with just about everything. Tonight was pretty bad too. I am sure that one day Drew will like walk down to the ice and strangle those ref.s with blinders. However, my least favorite Ref. would have to be that B****** Magoo. That man needs to be taken out back if ya know what I mean. Go sharkies! :p

5. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

what do you mean they'll beat the redwings? they won't make it past calgary :D

GO FLAMES!!!

6. womencantsail macrumors member

LOL. There's a chance, espcially if somebody not named Iginla can put it in the net consistently.

7. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

We'll very likely see a Tampa Bay - San Jose expansion team final this year.

I think whoever comes out of the West will win it all, but TB may just have enough firepower to pull it off.

As for refs not calling penalties, there's no use complaining; it happens for each team and in all the series. It's just a fact of playoff hockey that penalties are rarely called. No one wants to see a trivial call cost a team the game. Let 'em play, let 'em fight.

It's war out there.

8. womencantsail macrumors member

Psuedobrit, the way Tampa Bay and San Jose are playing, I think that is what we are going to see. And the way Khabibulin is playing, especially in this game tonight, it would be a heck of a series. Plus with St. Louis and Lecavilier, they aren't too bad offensively.

I realize that it's the playoffs and the refs tend to let things go. But when you have your goalie pulled, and you are sitting on the ice, holding two opponents so that essentially you have a 5 on 3, that needs to be called. I don't care if it is only a minute or so left in the game. That to me is not a trivial call, nor is blatantly tripping a player (Korolyuk) who has a good head of steam going into the offensive zone with 2 other team mates.