Sharp TV(s) Won't Detect DVI-HDMI ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MrCooperS, Jun 29, 2010.

1. MrCooperS macrumors member

Sep 30, 2009
    Hello everyone, I very rarely post here but I do need some help. I've searched everywhere on the internet with no solution to my problem.

I've recently purchased a new 15" MacBook Pro. I purchased a DVI-HDMI cable and plugged it into my TV via: MacBook Pro>DVI-HDMI Cable>HDMI Cable>TV.

I tried to plug it in in different orders and each time, the MacBook Pro screen would flash but the TV will remain blank. I tried the "Detect Display" button but it doesn't solve anything.

I tested the same HDMI cable on my previous MacBook with a MINI DVI-HDMI and the cable and TV works.

I brought my MacBook Pro and the DVI-HDMI cable to the Apple store and it works with their TV. The Apple sales associate even gave me a new DVI-HDMI cable and it still doesn't work.

After a bit more research online, a source mentioned that the MacBook refreshes at 75HZ and my TV can only refresh at 60HZ and this is causing a conflict. My question is, is this accurate and is this the problem? Is there any solution to this? Thank you for your time.
  2. MrCooperS thread starter macrumors member

Sep 30, 2009
    Solved. I have determined that the problem lies with the s****y HDMI cable.