Sharpton to host SNL December 6th

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Nov 4, 2003.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Link
    Oh man, this oughta be good! I wil definetly have to stay up to watch SNL that night. I doubt it helps Sharpton, but I bet it's gonna be funny.

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Yikes. I can't wait to see the "Hardball" sketch...

3. jonapete2001 macrumors regular

4. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I'll never argue that Sharpton isn't bright; look how he parlayed his lying BS about the Tawana Brantley deal into national prominence. He's done his billfold quite well by playing the race card at every opportunity...

But he's just too sleazoid for me to tolerate...

'Rat

5. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Didn't say you had to vote for him 'Rat, nor will I. I'm guessing it will be a funny show though. And at least Sharpton has the ability to make fun of himself, thats pretty much a prerequisite for any SNL host. McCain had the guts to do it too, and I liked that about him as well. Gore... well, he just wasn't as funny, but at least he did it. Somehow I doubt Bush would be willing to do it.

6. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I've noticed that political candidates will do almost every sketch when they're on SNL. Other famous people will do maybe four or five.

The only times SNL has been good in recent memory are the ones with John McCain and Al Gore. Those were brilliant.