Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shave my head completely bald for a 12" powerbook

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Yeah.. a FREE computer, just for shaving your head? It grows back!

Heck, I'd shave my head for a free computer, and I'm pretty sure I have a lumpy head!

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
katie ta achoo said:
Heck, I'd shave my head for a free computer, and I'm pretty sure I have a lumpy head!

and based on your username, you are female.
gosh, youre brave

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
maybe i am crazy, but id get alughed1 at more if people saw me w/o trademark fro. WASRELAND THIS THREAD!!
IM KEEPIN MY FRO!!

uaaerospace

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2005
Alabama
haha....my head was shaved during high school baseball initiation. It wasn't bad at all. Yeah, I looked dumb for a couple of weeks, but hey, it passed. I didn't even get a free PB either.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
on the one hand, I wouldn't sell out an image that mattered to me for a powerbook.

on the other hand, afros really need to go back to the 70s and die there. No offense to you personally. :p

theISHkid

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2004
Moore, OK
You're gonna have more people laugh at you for not taking this deal than you would for having a bald head. Plus this is just a little story to tell the audience in between songs. I can't believe someone would pass up something like this over hair. I'll donate you a hat if you need it that badly.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
I can totally understand not wanting to shave it off. I don't think I'd do it unless it was for a substantial amount of money. I have a very round face and it'd make me look like a balloon or something.

On the other hand, it can look pretty good on some people, Natalie Portman being the perfect example.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
wow...i can't believe you turned that down.
hell, i'd shave my head, my...well anywhere, for a heck of a lot less than a powerbook. then again, im pretty much a whore that way...:eek:

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
shave it! I personally think the shaving of ones head is something that every man, women and child should do at least once in their lifetime. I know a lot of women never will, but honestly it's an experience worth trying! Feeling water in the shower on your scalp, feeling the wind across your head. Ahh soo nice. I usually buzz mine off for the summer.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
This reminds me of the Amazing Race when the model couple refused to shave their heads at the Fast Forward (because they were worrieda about their modelling careers) ... and well, they didn't win the 1 million dollars.

Fast forward a couple seasons when Uchenna and Joyce faced the same decision at the fast forward ... and went through with it. Guess what ... they won the million dollars.

(of course there are other factors in the race too...)

But everyone makes their own decisions. =)

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
grapes911 said:
If an image matters that much to someone, then they have bigger problems than the dilemma at hand.

i dont care THAT much about image, i just love my 'fro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.