Shazam Updated With In-Tweet Previews for Shared Songs, Faster Performance for Older Devices

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 2, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Music Discovery app Shazam was today updated to version 6.2.1, adding a new feature that allows Twitter users to listen to previews directly within Twitter when a tagged song is Tweeted from Shazam.

Song recognition has received a speed boost, which will be especially noticeable on older devices like the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4. Recognition in difficult environments has also been enhanced, and Explore charts have been revamped to display more recent popular songs.
    Shazam is a universal app that can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Shazam Updated With In-Tweet Previews for Shared Songs, Faster Performance for Older Devices

2. macrumors regular

I love shazam , smokes the competition like sound hound out of the water :D

3. macrumors 6502

Meanwhile after five years, there still isn't a way to export a list of your tagged songs.

4. macrumors 65816

SockRolid

Never understood the difference between Shazam and Shazam Encore.
    Anybody?

5. macrumors regular

evansls

The version that sans Encore is free, but has limited listens.

6. macrumors 65816

Mike MA

Impressive what the app can do by now, but I would be interested if people really use all the additional features being added lately. I guess most still use it for music recognition.

7. macrumors 6502

I am always a fan of faster-performance-for-older-devices!! :-D

8. macrumors 68020

ipedro

It still can't identify songs by humming them like Soundhound can. I'm happy with Shazam but I occasionally have a song in my head that I'd like to find out what it is by humming it.

9. macrumors 68000

pubwvj

Nice to see a vendor supporting older devices. Fact is even the oldest iPodTouch and iPhone is very powerful and should be supported for just about everything. Apple should continue to support old hardware - that is green.

10. macrumors 6502a

Shazaam to me is more accurate than Sound Hound.

Please, Shazaam identifies EDM better than Sound Hound. So Shazaam is a winner to me.