SheepSaver - Having fun with system 7

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by maflynn, Apr 12, 2013.

1. maflynn
    Expand Collapse

maflynn

Staff Member

I finally decided to spend some time to get SheepSaver up and running. I initially had some success with Mini vMac but I think I'm having more success with SheepShaver.

I was able to fire this bad boy up with System 7.5 and I was able to get the SimCity up and running as well :D
    [​IMG]

I had OS9 running with a NewWorld rom, but I think its running better with System 7 (and an OldWorld rom). I was getting a virtual ram error with Mac OS9 that I'm not getting with system 7 and performance seems a bit snappier as well.

2. Jessica Lares
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oh yeah, it's fun using OS 7 in fullscreen widescreen, it's just ironic kinda.

3. Mac Hammer Fan
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Mac Hammer Fan

Classic runs better on Power Pc Macs than Sheepshaver. In the case of Sheepshaver, some applications (useful for me) don't work.

4. maflynn
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The emulation does run some stuff, I was surprised it was running simcity and it was doing a decent job - not great but not bad.

If you see my other threads, I'm poking around ebay for a cheap laptop, mostly a Pismo, or maybe a TiBook. Its fun to play with and I enjoy the classic OS, through I'm starting to remember the issues with extensions :)