Shelf Stereos

Discussion in 'Community' started by scem0, Nov 24, 2003.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I am looking for a shelf CD stereo to put in my room.

I really can't go over $100 though.

There are soooooo many choices that I can't possibly go through them all. I was hoping someone here has bought a cheap stereo recently and can help me out.

Im interested in the Panasonic SC-PM17, which seems very nice and I found a place selling it for $90.

I would prefer that it didn't have handles, and was stylish.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

scem0

2. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I think RCA makes one, they sell it at office max...I dont think it has audio-out tho so thats a definite minus if you are interested in connecting it your computer.

here it is: http://www.officemax.com/max/soluti...xpansionOID=-536896659&prodBlockOID=536992285
    80.00 bux too...

i would recommend ya just go to bestbuy or circuit city and browse around their audio departments, probably the best means of finding a good stereo.

3. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Your obviously not gonna be getting a top of the line model for that, but there are some very nice deals out there....just take a CD that you know well (so you know if the system is missing out on half the frequencies) to the store and listen away! Pink Floyd is my personal favorite for this....covers the entire spectrum of sounds all at once....

4. pinto32 macrumors 6502

ps- my ex has an Aiwa system that she got at walmart a couple of years ago for about $140...nice system for the money....surprisingly good array of inputs....

5. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I like a lot of Aiwa stuff. I also think pioneer is pretty good, although I'm not sure if they make shelf systems... I really haven't had any need for a shelf system. I just hook up my iPod/computer to my Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 digital speakers...

Just go to Best Buy and Circuit City, and remember, Christmas is coming soon...

6. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Yeah this is my christmas present from my mom. Well, one of them :).

I told her that I am going to pick the stereo out for her because she will get the worst stereo at the worst deal if I don't.

Parents :rolleyes:...

Thanks for the input everyone. Im going to circuit city on friday :).

scem0