Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rdf8585, Nov 27, 2006.

1. rdf8585 macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2006
    Is is true it's going to be "retired" and removed in 10.5? I've only had a Mac for a year and actually never even used Sherlock until today, but it's pretty cool, and I'm not sure why they would ax it. I know I can get the stuff Sherlock gives elsewhere, but I like how it's organized and presented there.
  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    If you play with the channels, you'll see that Apple already let many of them rot away. It really does look like it's going to be retired.

I do still prefer its translation channel over the new widget version, so hopefully that one will keep running on autopilot even after Apple stop including it.
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i've never used it and it does seem to be going away. shame because if it would've been developed and allowed to grow i think it could have worked, but Apple just didn't put the work into it so its basically dead already.
  4. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

Aug 1, 2006
    i think they should maybe bring it back to life. it has great potential
  5. rdf8585 thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2006
    IMO, Sherlock is better than Dashboard. Never really a Dashboard fan, but Sherlock has been around since the days of OS 8, right? A stalwart on Macs for sure.