She's home!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Mike Teezie, May 1, 2004.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    The FedEx guy dropped off my shiny new Dual G5 yesterday.

I know updates are "around the corner" and all that, but I make my living on the computer, and a day wasted is a dollar lost - so I got myself a Dual G5.

That said, this thing is fast. Wicked fast. I've been using my Dad's VAIO laptop since my Dual G4 died, and coming back to OS X was ridiculously great. Everything is so pretty, the iApps so great, ahhhhhh...computing heaven. When I watched the WWDC and te G5's were announced, I was sort of "meh" to the overall look of the machine. But now that it's sitting here beside me, I actually prefer the look of it to the MDD Powermac I had.

As a friend of mine (a future switcher) so eloquently put it:

"That bastard looks like it means business."

I couldn't agree more.

I went to the local mall today to buy Halo and Warcraft 3, but the game store had NOTHING for the Mac. :rolleyes: So I'll be picking those titles up online. Anybody have a tip where I could score these at the best prices?

I don't really have much else to say, just wanted to share my excitement with fellow mac heads (again).
  2. mms macrumors 6502a

Oct 8, 2003
    Congratulations. It would be a huge improvement over a Wintel notebook, coming to what was arguably the fastest personal computer in the world.
  3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    congratulations dude...the day i get a job, i wd get a g5... :rolleyes:
  4. Dros macrumors 6502

Jun 25, 2003
    You make your money playing games? :)
  5. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    United States
    Congratulations! But you're gonna be crying Tuesday! :D :D :rolleyes:
  6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    That is honestly the greatest quote regarding the G5 that I have ever heard. And it's one of the better quotes I've heard in general. :D