shift option k = ? / how do you make a star?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tonywalker23, Aug 25, 2005.

1. tonywalker23 macrumors regular

i know that shift option k makes an apple ?,
    but i would like to name my smart playlist ***** (5 star, etc . . .) only with stars and not shift 8 starts (astriks)
    i used to have an app that showed all font letters and how to type them (art director? maybe) but i dont have it anymore.
    anyone know how to do this?
    thanks
    tony

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't know why I can't get it to work in iTunes, but open up the Character Palette in TextEdit through the Edit menu and select your star and maybe copy/paste it into the iTunes playlist name.

Or alternatively, just (with it still open) go to iTunes, select the Playlist you want to rename and press insert once you've selected the star you want. :)

3. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

You can get the Character Pallette through finder and most apps. Go to finder and find "Special Characters" (under Edit if I can remember) and it will show you the differet character along with key combination/unicode number. NOt sure whether it will work in iTunes however.

::20ROGERSC::

4. tonywalker23 thread starter macrumors regular

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not having any luck in iTunes opening it but it's really easy to open it in Finder/TextEdit or pretty much any other app and keeping it open as you select iTunes as the foremost app to rename the playlist. I actually just did that, I made a star playlist, yay!