Shift-Tab and Shift-Delete

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by simX, Nov 9, 2003.

1. simX macrumors 6502a

simX

Is anybody having the same problem with me, where Shift-Delete and Shift-Tab are putting blank characters into a text field instead of deleting a character and focusing on the previous text field, respectively? It worked in Jaguar, but now in Panther both key combos just put a blank character in whenever I'm typing, and it's INCREDIBLY annoying.

I did an erase of my hard drive and a clean install of Panther, by the way. I did install all the extras, though (like the extra printer drivers and extra language stuff).

2. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

Shift delete doesn't do anything for me but delete the character before the curser. So I guess I can just hit delete. Shift tab does the same thing as just hitting tab. I have never used this feature so I don't know exactly what is supposed to be happening.

However tabbing to a text field where there is already text automatically gets highlighted.

All I have to do hit delete, or the left, right arrow keys - and the curser will go to the beginning or the end.

3. simX thread starter macrumors 6502a

simX

Hey, look! Someone at Mac OS X Hints submitted a hint about it, and it fixed my problem! Yay!