Shiira

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tclare, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Tclare macrumors regular

I love the Shiira beta but i am very concerned about its reliability. Do you know when they are going to release a much more stable version of Shiira?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

maybe when safari 3 out, they are just being extremely slow

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

I use Shiira occasionally. It's nice but it hasn't made me stop using Safari. In what way is it unreliable? I haven't had it crash on me.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

2.0 beta crashes frequently

5. Tclare thread starter macrumors regular

6. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Safari crashes all the time, too, on certain websites that use a lot of flash and javascript when there are a lot of windows open. Omniweb is much more stable for me. I don't know why you'd use Shiira betas anyway, because they lack so many features right now (like keychain access!)

Hopefully a beta 3 will be released soon--they are really slow.

7. MacWalk macrumors newbie

I used Shiira for a while. It was VERY fast but something about it made me feel less secure about browsing the web. Maybe Im just paranoid :D

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Shiira version 1.2.x has been very stable. If people are concerned about crashes, they shouldn't be using beta test software anyway.

If you're having trouble with version 1.2.x, that's another matter. You're probably at the mercy of plug-ins.

9. soho macrumors newbie

soho

I used to use the pre 2 versions of Shiira, but eventually switched back to Safari after some time. Version 2 of Shira looks pretty awesome, but at its current (crippled) state it's useless for me.

Can't wait the release of 2 final - I'm going to switch in a heartbeat for sure :)

But as already said earlier, the development process is anything but fast. Does anyone know some information from the developer about his dev. schedule?

10. Apemanblues macrumors regular

Apemanblues

Ditto.

I didn't like the way its seemed to handle passwords and stuff. I can't remember why now, but at the time it put me off.

11. soho macrumors newbie

soho

Any news?

So, does anyone know more than the Shiira homepage tells us? ;)

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The developer does. ;)

It's likely that the updates have arrived when he's been on school break for any length of time.

He's got some good ideas but the version 2 beta is more of an alpha and I deleted the thing. Thankfully, my preferences still worked with version 1.2.x.