Shinsaibashi Apple Store (Osaka, Japan)

Discussion in 'Community' started by 5300cs, Aug 31, 2004.

1. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Did anyone notice the opening of the Shinsaibashi store in Osaka, Japan? Here's a link to some photos of it. That makes 2 stores in Japan, and there's probably another one coming... see if you can figure out where! (It's the city I live in :D )

Shinsaibashi Apple Store

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

3. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

Unforuntately :(

Actually, it's in one of the pictures if you look close enough.

The city has been decided apparently, but the actual location in the city is still up in the air. I, for one, can't wait :D :D

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I know, I know. I saw the choice almost two months ago.

I just thought that they should have planned for Hiroshima instead. All of the stores are pretty close.

5. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing. Why all 3 stores so close? Hopefully they'll add one in Fukuoka at least, which will give those people access to an Apple Store. Sapporo would be nice too. Maybe Okinawa too? :D

I work in Toyota city once a week, but I hate having to go there. There's no express train and the area around the station is an absolute ghetto. It doesn't get nice until you're way out in the countryside.

6. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

oh snap! I'll have to stop by to check out the G5 imac at some point!

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Ghetto is different to different people. I think you might be surprised how bad things could be.

I think I commented in another thread about Fukuoka and Hiroshima but never even though of Sapporo. Do they have computers in Hokkaido? :D I'm just not sure what their reasoning is for their locations but it's been money here, not necessarily coverage.

With the new iMac, they may get some new Japanese customers since the computer itself doesn't take any desk space using a VESA wall mount. If they'd just provide a new Japanese input method since there are many people accustomed to the Windows way now.