Shinza ripped me off!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bdugan, May 6, 2006.

1. bdugan macrumors regular

Feb 14, 2006
    So I ordered a shinza case for my macbook pro and had lots of problems with it. I measured the bag, and the dimensions were off from what it said. I sent it back within a month, and no response. I wrote them an email asking what the deal is with it, and two weeks later still no response. I would have been happy getting 80% of my purchase back because quite frankly I didnt like the case at all, but now I wasted money on postage sending it back to them, and the additional $40 it cost me anyways. And I checked the online tracking and they definately received it.
  2. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Simple, yet stunningly good advice. :(
  4. shinza macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2007
    Comment regarding Mr. Dugan's return

Hi folks! We here at came across this thread and wanted to comment. Upon review of Mr. Dugan's order, it appears that there was indeed a significant delay in processing his return, a rare and isolated delay that we most sincerely regret. For the record, Mr. Dugan's refund was indeed processed in July of 2006.

We strive to provide the best service possible, as is evidenced by our thousands of enthusiastic customers and our "A" rating with the Better Business Bureau. We simply are not content with "satisfied customers" -- we want nothing less than stark-raving fans. So if there is anything we can do to improve the experience, whether for Mr. Dugan or any other customer, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Thanks! Customer Care
  5. miniguu macrumors regular

Jun 16, 2005
    Shinza has absolutely horrible customer service, and took about 3-4 weeks to answer my query (via email) about stock for their zeroshock cases. This is clearly not an isolated incident. I emailed them regarding stock for the zeroshock case for the 12" PB 1.5 years ago and also emailed them about stock for the case for the 15" MBP. Both times they took an insane amount of time to reply to a simple yes/no/when query.

The zeroshocks are made by Elecom. I'm not sure if Shinza is actually Elecom or just a reseller. I suggest getting one from some other retailer if you can. It's better than dealing with Shinza's bull****.

In the end I bought a zeroshock (for the 12" PB) off ebay because I rather deal with sellers that have turnaround times of days, not weeks. Hth.
  6. farqueue macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2006
    2ND THAT. THEY SUCK:mad: