Shinza Zero Shock

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Brother Michael, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Hey all,
    What's the opinion of the Shinza Zero Shock carry case? I was thinking about getting one so that I could put my 12" iBook in my backpack instead of buying a big laptop case. Just looking for opinions about it...like if it is really that tough and can protect my iBook from a few textbooks, or if it was a waste of money a dn a differnet one would be better...

In case you forgot the link or have no idea what the heck i am talking about:

Shinza Zero Shock

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you're using a backpack, you're better off getting a laptop backpack, which already has a laptop pocket. You can get the sleeve as well for extra protection. The laptop pouch in backpacks is raised so that when you place your backpack on the ground, the edge of your laptop doesn't smack the floor. Its better than using a regular backpack.

3. Brother Michael thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Oh that is good one, I have never thought about that. I guess then in that case I will just look at all the different types of bags then.

As the Zero Shock I guess I will get that as well too, can't be too careful right?

Mike

4. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

5. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Yeah, I have to agree with SolidGun. I actually have the case for my 12" powerbook and I really like it. There's alittle room on the sides with my powerbook in it but it should fit the 12" iBook perfectly. I too believe that you can't have enough protection.

6. Brother Michael thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

So I am guessing here that a lot of people prefer the backback to a side case?

Mike

7. ozone macrumors 6502

ozone

A backpack is better if you plan to do a lot of walking. Ergonomically and structurally, a backpack is superior for distributing a heavy load, and if you're carrying a laptop, cables, power, CDs, notes, lunch, etc. you'll really appreciate it. Make sure the backpack has chest straps, a hip strap, and if possible, compression straps.

A side case does look more professional in the long run but it is less practical. So, it depends on what you'll be doing and where you'll be traveling to. Some side cases also have a suspension system so that the edges do not touch bottom.

For good backpacks, check out www.tombihn.com. For protective sleeves, you can also take a look at the School Hymn by www.crumplerusa.com.