iPad mini Ship date on Mini LTEs?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AlanKA, Nov 6, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Nov 3, 2012
    So all the rumor sites can predict the products, shapes, features, announcement dates, colors, connector styles with dead-on accuracy. But no one can say when the Mini LTEs are gonna ship? Bloody hell, the wait is killing me!
  2. macrumors regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Although the Apple website says mid November on the orders I think Tim Cook said they would be available on Friday November 16th during the keynote speech. But if I am not mistaken when they announce a new LTE (cellular) type device they have to get FCC approval real quick because they don't want anyone to know before the event's because when they apply it becomes public knowledge. Please correct me someone if this info seems wrong.

I sure hope my arrives on November 16th! I guess it would also depend on when you ordered one. I ordered one the first day they were announced.

Come on iPad Mini LTE, get here :) I also went with Verizon because of the $5.00 difference in the lower data plan (250 MB ATT versus Verizon 2 GB). I have also heard you can create a hot spot with the mini iPad so could use the iPad 3 WiFi with the iPad Mini LTE!

Went to the Apple store and used a mini and it is so light weight!
  3. macrumors 6502

Apr 8, 2010
  4. macrumors 68000

Jan 14, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    iPad data plans are so bad, but would be nice to have for emergencies. I suppose the iPhone is good enough for emergencies, too.
  5. macrumors 68000

Oct 20, 2007
    Cost peanuts here in the UK. £10 for 3gb, valid for three months. Easily lasts 3 months for browsing purposes, although streaming would use it all up rapidly. I don't care, I never stream anything, cloud is the enemy of high quality music and video - give me hd locally stored mkvs over crappy, flakey, streamed video every time - so basically it's £40 for a years browsing :)
  6. macrumors 68000

Jan 14, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I so hate you :)

America is a big country to supply wireless to. I guess that's why.
  7. macrumors 68000

Oct 20, 2007
    Yeah, true. On the minus side we pay a higher price for virtually everything else though, if that makes you feel better :). It's called rip off Britain for a reason!
  8. macrumors 68000

Mar 5, 2009
    It's only like 2 or 3 weeks away. Is it really that huge of a deal to wait for something that isn't food, water, or shelter?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get mine as well... but at least they've announced it so we know it's coming.
  9. macrumors member

Oct 27, 2012
    You're right.. That also makes me feel better that at least we know it's coming soon.. On the other side I hope & pray for that won't be more than 2-3 weeks away :)
  10. macrumors 6502

Oct 18, 2012
    It's $10 a month to add it to my mobile share plan on AT&T. The plans are bad for those wanting to keep their unlimited plan on their iPhone.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2011
    I think the info is out there if people in the know want to find out, which is why everyone knew about these things you mentioned. iPad Mini Cellular Ship dates is just not a rumor that is in high demand.

that being said am with you! Apple may redefine what mid month means or "2 weeks"

Latest rumor based on other threads with people is avail the 16th ins stores and ships the 16th which means we would get it sometime Mon-Wed the next week hopefully
  12. macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2012
    Just had a look at my order status for the LTE ipad's and the ship dates have disappeared.
  13. macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2008
    When I first ordered the Mini (I couldnt make up my mind and cancelled it and reordered it a day later), it said ship date as Nov 23 and delivers on Nov 26. It now says just mid-November. At one point, I think I remember it saying late November.
  14. thread starter macrumors member

Nov 3, 2012
    Yep, everybody's ship date says "Mid November".
  15. macrumors 6502

Nov 25, 2009
    Edmonton, AB
    Only if you live in the States, and got in the first wave of orders.

16. macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2011
    Agree but walk ins to the apple store or att/vz/sprint/EE or O2 should be able to grab one easily. Esp the black ones.
  17. macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2009
    Does anyone know if the new share plan from AT&T (which lets you add a tablet for $10/month) also allows you to add/drop that tablet at any time without additional fees?

I'd like an LTE model, but don't think I'd use the data all the time. I know the separate data plans are no-commitment, but it would be cheaper to be able to add it for $10 and then drop/re-add as needed.
  18. macrumors 6502

Mar 11, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm curious about this as well.
  19. thread starter macrumors member

Nov 3, 2012
    The little hidden charge that isn't advertised with that $10/month table fee is AT&T's "Activation Fee" which is $36/device.

I wasn't really happy when I added three iPads to our plan and found over $100 in AT&T "fees".
  20. macrumors 6502a

Apr 22, 2010
    Southeast USA
    I would be pretty shocked if they went up for sale the 16th in stores and shipped to those who pre-ordered that day (meaning pre-orders would arrive after they're available in store). Has Apple ever done that with any other device? Every launch I've been a part of the pre-orders arrive the day they go on sale in stores.

Also as far as the AT&T activation fee for adding to a mobile share plan, if you call Customer Service they will gladly waive it. It almost seems like more of a laziness tax for those who don't call in to complain about it.
  21. thread starter macrumors member

Nov 3, 2012

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I called and received $246 in credits from AT&T. Not only did they originally charge me $108 in activation fees, they had all charge me a ton of fees for switching to the "Mobile Share" plan. They waived them ALL!!
  22. macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2009
    My question though is, would that fee be levied EVERY time I added/re-added my iPad? If that's even possible?

In other words, I don't want to pay $10 for months I don't plan on using it with LTE, but if I know I'll be needing it I'd like to be able to add it back on and then drop it from the plan again. That's what I'm trying to figure out. AT&T wasn't clear about this.
  23. macrumors 65816

Feb 2, 2008
    Hope the UPS truck doesn't break down again this time.
  24. macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2011
    Could be wrong but i think ipad 2 launch was that way.
  25. macrumors member

Jul 21, 2010
    i guess im lucky. i have a friend who test towers and he sent me an LTE sim. no $$ for me:)

just picked up an otterbox today as this little guy is gonna be my new carry everywhere toy.