Ship to an Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by CJLevinsk22, Jul 31, 2005.

1. CJLevinsk22 macrumors member

CJLevinsk22

Here's my situation...I'm planning to place an order for a BTO 15" PB with an upgraded video card. I'd like to place my order within the next day or so. My problem...I'm going to be leaving for vacation this Thursday so there is no way it would arrive in time. My question...can I have my order shipped to a local Apple store where I'll be staying and pick it up myself? If not, I could have it shipped to my hotel, but I'd feel much more comfortable picking it up at an Apple store. Can I do this?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris
    CJLevinsk22

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I don't know the answer to that specific question...but: Could you have it shipped to a family members? I ship my stuff to my mom's because her or my dad is always at home. I have also ordered things shipped to my place of business.

3. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

You should contact the store and ask. They might be able to place the order for you over the phone and you can pay on collection.

If it's a reseller Apple centre then they'd probably take it quite offensively if you wanted to order direct from Apple and have it sent there.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I've heard people say that they've went to the Apple store to get a BTO and of course the store told them it had to be ordered, but in some cases the Apple store gave them the option to have it shipped there for pickup. No harm in asking.

5. elbennet macrumors member

They told me that they were not able to ship to the store about a month ago when I bought my iMac. They said that if no one was home they would leave a note and I'd have to pick it up at the distribution center.

Happy shopping!

6. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

I'm sure someone here wouldn't mind babysitting your new PB.

Just a thought. :D

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I was going to have a Mac shipped to my local Apple Store. The staff member said that it wasn't a good idea. Always a possibility that another person could accidentally sell the Mac.

Having it shipped to your hotel should be safe. They have staff on 24/7.