Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSith

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2004
Mine is HERE!!!

Posting on my PC and amgoing to set it up NOW. Just got home - can't talk, too ecstatic

Be back later to post INFO!!!

mcl

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2002
I ordered my stock 17" last night, and it's scheduled to ship on 2/17.

I'm hoping that they're just waiting for more stock, and that it'll ship before then. Given that several people have had their ship date pushed back to the same date, this will probably be the case.

My wife just got her 15" BTO this morning. She's replacing an old 15" titanium, while I'm changing my 1GHz 12" to a secondary machine.

TheSith

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2004
Wahoo, am posting this from my new Powerbook! :D

Am loving it. So far just setting things up - updating things now, hehe. Will talk to you guys later.. in a week or so. ;)

seelab

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2004
Canada
LOL

VideoShooter said:
My 17" BTO HAS BEEN DELAYED!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!

Orinigally it was supposed to ship on or before 2/7/05

IT WAS CANCELLED YESTERDAY!

And then shipping was updated to on or before 2/17/05.

This is seriously annoying.

Send me my G0Sh darn p0werb00k Steve, or I'll drive by Infinite Loop and throw poo at your employees.

Seriously, I'm 10 minutes away. And I can find fecal matter.

I can understand your pain. Mine was on or before today and it hasn't changed on the status page yet. I have no news about the new shipping date but I guess it's going to be delayed like yours. Maybe Apple didn't tought they would sell as much PB and they ran out of stock...

mcl

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2002
seelab said:
I can understand your pain. Mine was on or before today and it hasn't changed on the status page yet. I have no news about the new shipping date but I guess it's going to be delayed like yours. Maybe Apple didn't tought they would sell as much PB and they ran out of stock...
I ordered my stock 17" last night.

Estimated ship date: 2/17.

Except for one thing...I just checked the status, and as of 5:17PST, IT SHIPPED!

WOOT! *happydance!*

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
So long to the iBook 500!! Now typing on my new 15 incher...it's snappier!

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
WildCowboy said:
So long to the iBook 500!! Now typing on my new 15 incher...it's snappier!

Backlit keyboard is awesome. The scroll pad ROCKS. Best use of 2k in a long time.....besides leasing a car.

mcl

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2002
Ok, apparently I'm going to be saying "holy crap!" quite a bit tonight.

I just got the confirmation of shipping from Apple, with a tracking number.

It's not being shipped from China, but from Sacramento, CA! And it's scheduled to be delivered TOMORROW!!!

*sound of jaw hitting floor*

I smell a sick day at work tomorrow...

SAukland

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2005
Looks like the online store availabilities have shiften a bit.

Both 12" models are down to 1-3 days.
15" Combo is amazingly shipping same day now.
My 15" Superdrive is still 7-10. Ouch. :rolleyes:
17" has been bumped up to 4-6 days.

The must have really caught up on the 15 combo.
Its great to hear of the quick 17 shipments for you guys. Makes me more anxious. Trying not to get religiously angry though. Just wanna play.

Just hope I have the same luck. I like that idea. Brace yourself for a 2/17 ship... only to find its on its way, and you get to play tomorrow.

sweet.

ephex

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2004
USA
Got it!

Well here I am, typing this message on my brand new 15" powerbook. Guess what that means?? Yup! They delivered a day early!

FedEx came through for me, despite worries about it being stuck in the Phillipines ;) [BTW, FedEx's superbowl commercial rocked]

I hope you other guys who are still waiting get yours soon! You'll be so very happy when you do... :D

d-m-z

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2005
Date/Time

Status

Comments

Feb 8, 2005 9:02 pm

Left FedEx Ramp

SHANGHAI CN

5:13 pm

FedEx sort facility status

ANCHORAGE AK

Delay beyond our control

5:11 pm

Left FedEx Sort Facility

ANCHORAGE AK

12:31 pm

Arrived at Sort Facility

ANCHORAGE AK

Feb 7, 2005 4:58 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

SHANGHAI CN

4:58 pm

Pickup status

SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff time

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
UPS online tracking said that delivery was rescheduled for today however nothing ever came :(

I am really hoping that they do it for tomorrow instead of the original date of Thursday. My Booq PowerSleeve just showed up, my ScreenProtector is due tomorrow before noon (weird that they gave me a time) and all I now need is the actual PB!

Hurry UPS, hurry! Please make my day tomorrow, at this rate it will make my whole year to date!

nearsky

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
efoto said:
UPS online tracking said that delivery was rescheduled for today however nothing ever came :(

I am really hoping that they do it for tomorrow instead of the original date of Thursday. My Booq PowerSleeve just showed up, my ScreenProtector is due tomorrow before noon (weird that they gave me a time) and all I now need is the actual PB!

Hurry UPS, hurry! Please make my day tomorrow, at this rate it will make my whole year to date!

Read my post on page 5...my delivery said it was going to be on 2/7...they took that off, and told me now 2/10...it is still in Alaska, and I still can't figure out why ours came UPS and the rest came fedex

nearsky

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
"Going Parcel"

I (Jeremy Karney) would like to be the first to coin the phrase "Going Parcel" instead of going postal.

Going Parcel (go-ing par-cell)
adj.
a. The insanity that comes from constant refreshing of a package tracking site such as http://www.ups.com, or http://www.fedex.com.
b. The acting out of the previous insanity by knocking off any UPS of Fedex truck in site, drastically searching for the above mentioned package.

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
Looks like I'm a little late to the party - I gave myself a little time to think it over before I hit "submit" - but here's my shipping info:

15" PB 1.67GHz (CTO with 128 VRAM)
Order placed 2/7
Estimated ship: on or before 2/22

I've waited 3 years to get a 15" PowerBook, and it's finally my time. Sorry, but I gotta do it: w00t. :D

SiMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2005
It's on its way...

TNT Says:
Out For Delivery STANSTED, GB 09 Feb 2005 07:06

How long does it take to drive from Stanstead to Ipswich ?

Now I am getting excited!

Have fun with your new PBs everyone - sounds like it takes the same time to deliver a new PB to most places in the western world!

fred_

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
Leamington Spa, UK
SiMac said:
It's on its way...

TNT Says:
Out For Delivery STANSTED, GB 09 Feb 2005 07:06

How long does it take to drive from Stanstead to Ipswich ?

Now I am getting excited!

Have fun with your new PBs everyone - sounds like it takes the same time to deliver a new PB to most places in the western world!

My 12" is Out for Delivery as well :)

09 Feb 2005 08:37 Nuneaton Out For Delivery
09 Feb 2005 07:25 Nuneaton Import Received
09 Feb 2005 05:44 East Midlands Airport Transit Point
08 Feb 2005 23:45 Eindhoven Shipped From Originating Depot

Ahh, staying home today...

skp574

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2005
greenwich.london.uk
Out For Delivery LONDON, GL, GB 09 Feb 2005 08:36
Depart Terminal LONDON, GL, GB 09 Feb 2005 08:47

Could I be getting it today? Come on Mr. TNT driver where are you!

seelab

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2004
Canada
I hate Apple.
My 17 powerbook has been delayed to "On or before
03/03/2005".
I can't believe this, I ordered the same day they were annouced. I'm not gonna wait and check this order page for another month.
This is the second time i'm buying from the Apple Store, i paid the fast shipping everytime and i've had a delay the first time too. I hate false advertising. Apple was saying 3-5 days when i ordered and now they are telling i will get my 4000 dollars in march. Maybe i should cancel. I'm pissed with this company.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
nearsky said:
Read my post on page 5...my delivery said it was going to be on 2/7...they took that off, and told me now 2/10...it is still in Alaska, and I still can't figure out why ours came UPS and the rest came fedex

You are entirely correct. I called this morning because they had bumped the delivery to the 8th, then all of the sudden this morning the site does not even post a delivery date at all! :eek:

I called the UPS man and he said that it is "In Transit" to Louisville Kentucky!....why!? I live in Michigan, that doesn't seem to make sense. I mean, who cares what else they have going to Louisville, it should hub through Chicago or something.

He said the estimated delivery was still on the 10th, "guarenteed" :p

Now I'm sad. I was all worked up yesterday looking out the window all afternoon, even cut out on class to get to the offices before they closed....nothing. It will take me until the 10th just to mop up all the tears.

nearsky

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
efoto said:
You are entirely correct. I called this morning because they had bumped the delivery to the 8th, then all of the sudden this morning the site does not even post a delivery date at all! :eek:

I called the UPS man and he said that it is "In Transit" to Louisville Kentucky!....why!? I live in Michigan, that doesn't seem to make sense. I mean, who cares what else they have going to Louisville, it should hub through Chicago or something.

He said the estimated delivery was still on the 10th, "guarenteed" :p

Now I'm sad. I was all worked up yesterday looking out the window all afternoon, even cut out on class to get to the offices before they closed....nothing. It will take me until the 10th just to mop up all the tears.

They have said the 10th on mine as well...but the tracking still shows mine leaving Alaska last Sunday but not arriving anywhere. Let's hope it's wrong.

~Your Brother in Tear Mopping

arainert

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
My little laptop that was stuck in Alaska fince the 5th finally scanned in Kentucky. Hopefully they'll still meet their Thursday the 10th in Brooklyn delivery.

Go little laptop, GO!

subl1me

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2005
Feb 9, 2005
8:24 A.M.
PHOENIX, AZ, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
Feb 8, 2005
8:45 P.M.
PHOENIX, AZ, US ARRIVAL SCAN
8:14 P.M.
PHOENIX, AZ, US DEPARTURE SCAN
6:21 P.M.
PHOENIX, AZ, US ARRIVAL SCAN
4:28 P.M.
LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN
11:27 A.M.
LOUISVILLE, KY, US IMPORT SCAN
Feb 4, 2005
10:07 P.M.
SHANGHAI, CN
DEPARTURE SCAN
4:34 P.M.
SHANGHAI, CN
EXPORT SCAN
1:01 P.M.
ANCHORAGE, AK, US
ARRIVAL SCAN
Feb 3, 2005
11:43 P.M.
SHANGHAI, CN
ORIGIN SCAN
8:38 A.M.
CN
BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.