shipping and billing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wowser, Jan 30, 2004.

1. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

If your using a different shipping address to a billing address when buying from the Apple store UK, make sure you have a fax machine and bank statements / driver's liscence at hand. I ordered mine and had to fax all this stuff off within a few days, and since i missed the deadline, my order was cancelled and i have had to order another. I suppose it is obvious and i should have thought of it, but if anyone else is doing the same, make sure you are prepared! ;)

2. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Yea, I had a similar experience with MacMall. I had moved and not changed my address with the bank, so the address didn't match. Problem was, MacMall didn't contact me. I waited over a week for my computer and it never showed up. They told me when I called asking where my computer was. I decided to go to CompUSA after that. I had already waited a week, and was going to have to wait longer.

3. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

yes, and then the apple store woke me up only to realise that there was no need for the phone call. the lovely Irish accent cushioned the blow ;)