Shipping Contradictions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by evanrousso, Sep 17, 2006.

1. evanrousso macrumors 6502

Ok, I am chomping at the bit here. Half of the people on this board rave that they recieved their mac days (sometimes weeks) before the estimated dates. Then others are griping about how their shipment are being delayed again and again. Some people are saying apple overestimates their shipping times and others are saying that apple always delays their shipments. Its killing me!! My MB is expected to ship on Sept 21st and arrive Sept 26th. I got a white 2.0ghz with 1gb of ram and a 120gb hard drive.

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Don't know what to tell you about the shipping dates, but I hope you end up loving your MacBook as much as I love mine!!! :)

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

You won't know until the order shows a tracking number.

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I've been messed around a little but at the end of the day the original date Apple has given at time of order has been pretty spot on for me, with computers arriving before it on one occaision.

6. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I think the bulk of the discrepency has to do with your location and the warehouse/distribution facility nearest you. From the sounds of it people on the East coast have a warehouse that keeps a pretty decent stock on hand... whereas there doesn't seem to be one in the Midwest - everything I've bought from Apple (sent to MI) has come from California, so it takes a coupld extra days.

That's my best guess, anyways!

7. Shotgun Pete macrumors regular

I live in Sask. a 1.83ghz MB with a ram upgrade to 1 gb, (it was a dirt cheap upgrade) and it was t have shipped by the end of august, still no MB.

8. evanrousso thread starter macrumors 6502

now let me ask this, I basically spend all day at work refreshing my order status screen. Is this pointless? What I mean is, after about 5:00pm EST, is there pretty much no chance it will update that day...or could it update at any time in the day?

9. NextTuesday macrumors member

I ordered my MacBook (Black) all standard, 512 RAM, 80GB HDD yadda yadda. Its "Ready to Ship" on the 20th September, I ordered it on the 11th. So, in 2 days time it'll leave Apple in (China? Venray, Holland? Cork, Ireland?) and be shipped to my house which takes 12 days according to Apple. Even from China it should take about 4 days, what's the hold-up Apple? Want me to keep using this Dell and complain about you on sites like MacRumors? Nobody wins (except you Apple you have my money)

Grr.