shipping date on dual 2.5 order

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by klaus, Jun 14, 2004.

1. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

Well guys,

I ordered a dual 2.5 today, from my local reseller (only official apple dealer here in Belgium) and i would like to know what shipping dates you got when ordering your 2.5 ghz machine.

They said 'during july', but july has more than 30 days, so that's not very specific :)
    So i mailed a couple of resellers in belgium and holland, and some (the larger apple stores) say Apple should have them by the end of 'june', some (smaller) say they are expecting them end of june.

What's the deal on your orders?

Thx, Klaus

2. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Hy there.
    the release date seems pretty uncertain yet. A lot of people reported on this site that the american apple store has a ship date on the 2 of august. Wich is really late.

I live in Luxembourg wich isn't far at all from you and I ordered my 2,5 last wednesday. The sales rep told me on the phone that apple told him they would be availabel around the 15th of july but he told me he would rather say the end of july and even august.

I might call him by the end of the week to check if they got any real info from apple.

I want my machine now! :eek:

3. klaus thread starter macrumors 6502a

klaus

the apple store, both us and local, just say JULY , no specific date given. The airport express says MID JULY, so they are making a differentiation between them, but JULY could be beginning, mid or end.. :confused:

I guess apple can't give us an exact date as well. I guess it'll depend on the amount of pre-orders and the production at ibm.

4. belair macrumors 6502

belair

I think they like to keep it that unprecise.
    The lack of dates gives them the time to check out the demand for that very special product. Remember the shipping times for the xserve. Those IBM chips are really rare and I dont know if the stock of the 2.5 is that big.

For Airport Express they can give precise dates because the stock of such a device must be easier to handle.

Guess we will have to wait and see…
    :confused:

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If you PM me your credit card details, I'll order one up and let you know, sound fair? ;) :D

6. belair macrumors 6502

belair

great edesign UK
    I will mail you my credit card number right now.
    That way you can tell me the shipping date AND you can tell me the day it arrives if it kicks ass or not! :D

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I don't see a PM dammit!!!!! :mad:

;) :D :p

8. papersushi macrumors regular

Once you place the order then go back to the online status page, it will tell you it will ship out in the beginning of August, like August 3rd.

9. klaus thread starter macrumors 6502a

klaus

*bump*

still no changes on the shipping dates for the guys who ordered through the online apple store?

thxie

10. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

I ordered a dual 2.5 ghz with 256 MB video card, 250 GB hard drive, and airport extreme

"on or before 7/30"

11. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Same here, but now I have the FREE two-day shipping!!! :D

12. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

that deal wasnt going on when i ordered :mad:

Anyways, I ordered overnight shipping, plus I ordered before you!

jeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh baby

what the...you put a combo drive in your G5???????????????????@!!!

13. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Actually, I ordered on the ninth with ground shipping. A few days ago it was changed to the free two day shipping by Apple.

Yes, I immensely dislike supedrives because they suck power from the DVD-reading and CD-Burning drives. You can burn your CDs at 24x, but I'll be burning them at 32x! You can read your DVDs at 16x, but I'll be reading them at 24x! Muahahahhah.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

So July shipping is you order this week is unlikely?

I thought that the superdrive was the latest techonlogy. So I'm confused as to why someone wouldn't want one. I would expect that it would have the fastest read time. :confused:

15. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

It may be the latest technology, but the CD burning and DVD reading is impaired on the superdrive and runs much faster on the combo drive. That is why I prefer combo drives.

16. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

That may be true, but still, NO DVD RECORDING FOR YOU (But I'm sure you'll save a good few seconds)!

muahhahahahhaha :D

17. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

And $100...

Nahh... I have two other superdrives in the house already. (Uh...... muahahahhahahahah!)

18. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

Superdrives don't do much if they're not connected to a computer ... muahahhahahahhahahaha