Shipping Dates? How Acurate?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stuart1231, Sep 27, 2006.

1. stuart1231 macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2006
    Hi I gave up on waiting for the MBP with Core 2 Duo, so on Monday I ordered a MBP Core Duo 2Ghz but with 1 GB ram, so it said it would take 3 days to dipatch.

I also ordered (seperately) a 2Gen Nano and FM radio, which arrived today! amazing.

Orginially the MBP was estimated to arrive on the 5th October! Tonight I saw it said the MBP has been dispatched!!! but will now take till the 12 of October to come. Is this a rough estimate, btw I live in the UK, so do the Macs which need modification come from a different country.

I cant wait! but I would like to know if anyone else has experiences with 'shipping estimates' and how acurate the are.
  2. j26 macrumors 65832

Mar 30, 2005
    I ordered my Macbook on the 6th Setember.
    Before ordering it estimated shipping at 7 days. After ordering it was estimated to ship on the 15th and be delivered on the 20th. After it shipped (on the 15th) the date canged to the 27th (today), and lo and behold it arrived today at midday.
    So it was dead accurate on the shipping date that I was given after it had shipped.

I'm in Ireland which is actually under the remit of the UK store. I'd guess the date is pretty close to spot on, although you might be a bit lucky and get it a couple of days earlier.

As a side note, it was a bastard to track, as the tracking number changed from day to day as it passed throughvarious carriers hands.
  3. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    the estimated dates on the website are the WORSE POSSIBLE case scenario, you are very likely to get your system way before the date on the website.
  4. stuart1231 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2006
    Thanks, im just excitied, my first mac!

Hope its a good start.