Shipping dates up

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Josh396, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

If you do a BTO iMac, eMac, or Power Mac the shipping dates jump up, especially for the Power Mac, even for just a RAM increase. For a stock PowerMac with 2 Gigs of RAM shipping is now 7-10 days, while the eMac is 5-7 days. The weird thing is if you add a larger hard drive to the eMac the shipping date goes down to 1-3 days :confused: I don't really understand that. For the the iMac the shipping is only increased to 1-3 days, I thought it was also 5-7 :eek: .. Maybe tomorrow is the day for the updates? I just think they would wait for Tiger to be officially released so it can be seen as two updates instead of just one, but with the recent drop in stock maybe they just want to get them out of the door.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

To get more attention of course. C'mon mad jew I thought you would've caught on to this tactic by now. :p

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Alot can happen in 10 minutes.

Should I have started a new thread for this comment?

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah sorry if I was coming across a bit strong josh396 but for the sake of future searchers of the forums for related topics, it's usually a good idea to keep the topics in a single thread. On the other hand, if you've got something slightly off-topic to add then maybe a new thread is a good response.

Either way, threads like this cry out for funny posts.^ :D
    Thanks Daveway and grapes911. :D