Shipping from Canada....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, Jan 25, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Never dealt with receiving something from Canada before. It was shipped UPS 5 day (from Toronto)....does that include the time spent in customs? If not, how long can I realisticly expect to wait for the package to get to Missouri. Thanks.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Any customs clearing time is in addition to UPS's delivery committment (also remember it is measured in business days, not calendar days). If UPS going south is anything like coming north, prepare to be ^@ped on the clearing charges - $16 and up for doing the paperwork.

Next time, don't use UPS, use CanadaPost.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Never trust Canadians. They have beady eyes and gave us the summer of 69. Also, I'm Canadian.

I don't think I need to explain any further.

4. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

It was either UPS ground, or CanadaPost/USPS which was estimated at up to 20 days. I'm an impaitent man ;)
    Well, it's in Detroit now (REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT) and the place I ordered from said there aren't additional custom fees so I guess thats good. Should be in my little hellhole of a town early next week.

I'm actually suprised it got through customs that easy, considering what I ordered isn't exactly 100% legal (HDLoader for PS2....kinda like a modchip, but not) :D