Shipping Issue

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by toomuchstereo, Oct 7, 2006.

1. toomuchstereo macrumors regular

I ordered a 24" iMac. Shipped the 6th by apple. I paid for the fastest shipping and its sitting in Alaska right now. Yet Fed Ex has a estimated delivery date of Oct 16th. 10 days for 2-3 day shipping, am I the only one who thinks thats not quite right.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's not right. i guess all you can do is wait til monday and call apple if it doesn't change

3. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Obviously something happened. I am sure Apple will refund the shipping as FedEx is obligatged to refund to them unless it is out of their hands (i.e a customs delay). I hope it isn't frozen;) .

4. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

That is very odd. It was expected for my 24'' iMac to arrive on the 13th, shipped out on the 6th with 5 day shipping. from Shanghai to Alaska to Pennsylvania. Instead, it arrived in only 1 day - got it on the 7th (even though I'm not at my location to pick it up :()

Usually, I find that things be FedEx ship faster than I expect. Unless specified, I do not think they ship on Saturdays, so waiting until Monday would be a good idea. I highly doubt that FedEx would take 10 days for anything, even through Apple's free 5-day shipping and certainly not for overnight.