Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shellbryson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Ordered a Mac Pro on December 20th (quad 3.0ghz, 4gb, 2x500gb, airport+bt, 30" ACD), and Apple were happy to empty my bank account. Shipping date was given as the 26th. Spoke to them today and it finally shipped today, few days late. That's okay, xmas break and everything. But why, if it's shipped today, is the bloody delivery date 9th Jan! Arrg. I needed this machine a week ago, my Windows PC has gone into meltdown in protest over my Switch :eek: Apple CS gave me some weird excuse about shipping the machine from the Far East :rolleyes:

I've ordered from Apple twice; I have a PowerBook that arrived EIGHT WEEKS late almost exactly a year ago. So I guess this is a word of warning. Dont expect Apple to honor delivery dates... and don't order in holiday seasons!

Now I have to beg a day off work to be here for the delivery...

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I think its the time that you ordered your system. My orders always arrive within 8 days of shipping normally closer to 5. I am out west in calgary too and in canada they ship from ontario.

shellbryson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Edinburgh
I think its the time that you ordered your system. My orders always arrive within 8 days of shipping normally closer to 5. I am out west in calgary too and in canada they ship from ontario.

I'm in Scotland and they ship from Ireland... which is an hour away by plane.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
...shipping the machine from the Far East :rolleyes: ...

it's not my intention to be overly PC but i believe the term Far East is outdated and many take offense to it. it's a very Euro- and US-centric view of the world to see China and Japan and that area as the Far East, especially on the WWW where we entertain people from every continent and region.

as for the shipping "problem": you'll just have to wait. Apple can't do anything to expedite your shipping once it leaves their warehouse.

shellbryson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Edinburgh
it's not my intention to be overly PC but i believe the term Far East is outdated and many take offense to it. it's a very Euro- and US-centric view of the world to see China and Japan and that area as the Far East, especially on the WWW where we entertain people from every continent and region.

as for the shipping "problem": you'll just have to wait. Apple can't do anything to expedite your shipping once it leaves their warehouse.

Iie, Heh, you've gone PC mad! :confused: Far East is reference to it being beyond Eastern Europe... Otherwise they (or I) would have to say "Japan, China, Tiawan, Korea" etc. What would you use instead? East Asia? :rolleyes: It's east, and it's far away. Wakari masu ka? :)

shellbryson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Edinburgh
"In transit to final destination... carrier details to be updated shortly" dated 2nd Jan, 2007, :eek: added to my delivery status 24 hours ago. Delivery expected Jan 9th.

Nice. Thier shipping system not only time travels, but apparently "shortly" means days rather than hours. Okay so I'm impatient. If I spend £5500 ($10,000) on a computer, I don't like waiting!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.