shipping mistake/used printer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by puckhead193, Sep 19, 2006.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

So i ordered a new printer with my iMac and took advantage of the promotion. I got the printer and the packing slip say a different name/address then mine. On the front is a sticker that has my actual name/shipping address...
    what should i do..i opened it up and it seems new. All the plastic was on the printer etc. When opening the box, the tape was sliced open in the middle of the box. What should i do? Call up apple/ forget the whole thing...

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

if you find any problems with the printer (even cosmetically) then I would call and complain. but if everything seems in good working order, then I'd just as soon not bother, personally. I wouldn't want to wait or be bothered with it.

I suppose you could toss a fit at Apple and make it seem like a bigger deal to you than it is, in hopes of them "compensating" you for their mistake, but really.. since it was a free printer anyway.. who cares?

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm at school so shipping it back would be a pain, i tried printing a word document and it seems fine.... I don't really care its a cheap printer, (HP photosmart C4180) It was just weird that i got a package with someone else's name on it...