Shipping problems...?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by robbents99, Sep 22, 2006.

1. robbents99 macrumors regular

robbents99

Ok, I got a question:

A friend of mine ordered a mac 20" on sept 14th. Estimated delivery date sept 25th. Fedex is saying the 23rd. Free shipping.

And, according to the Fedex tracking #, it hasn't left Cali since the 19th.

Anyone else having this problem? Are we talking fedex taking the scenic route and not swiping the tracking # or customs?

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Is it a Macbook? Many people were having shipping delays with those, probably because of the back-to-school rush. Don't know if the shipping delays have been sorted out yet.

3. riciad macrumors 6502

A 20" MacBook?

4. edge540 macrumors regular

edge540

AFAIK it is a problem where Fedex does not keep their tracking to the minute. I have had things shipped to me this way several times and it sometimes does not update till the morning its supposed to be delivered. I actually have a Bluetooth MM that says its coming on the 23rd but its last update was on the 18th and it says it arrived in sacramento, im in florida. I would just hold out and most likely it will be delievered when they say it will be. What i dont understand is why it has a delivery date of saturday, I thought you had to pay extra for saturday shipping.

5. robbents99 thread starter macrumors regular

robbents99

It was a 20" iMac. It started off in Cali which I thought was wierd, my pbook came from overseas.

It'll probably come tomorrow like it' supposed to...

6. lcseds macrumors 6502a

My 20" iMac (ordered with 256 video as only option from standard) "shipped" on the 18th. FedEx is taking all the possible time it can to get this to me (Standard Shipping). It was supposed to arrive Sept 22 in NC, but was bumped to the 25th. It sat in California (that's where this one comes from also) for four days before it budged. I'm not happy about it taking six business days, but Apple I think estimates 5-7. So, Fedex isn't setting any records here.