Shipping Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Reclaimer, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Reclaimer macrumors newbie

I know this is going to sound really childish and antsy, but I am. I'm quite giddy, as I just ordered my first mac (A 15" PB), and I can't wait to play with it.

I ordered this Saturday afternoon. It was a stock model, so the est. ship time was within 24 hrs.
    After logging into my order sttaus page, though, I see that it says "est ship: on or before 8/2"
    And then add on the 2 more days for the shipping process.

My question is: Is Apple's ordering system usually accurate in estimating shipping times? By the information I have here, am I correct in saying it is scheduled to be here Thursday, 8/4? Or is there a possibility it may be here Tues or Wed.?

2. tikibangout macrumors regular

tikibangout

They usually are accurate, a lot of the times they even are ahead of their dates. My iBook was set to ship from Apple on 8/2, but it wound up shipping on the 28th, i'll be getting it come 8/3 at 10:30AM, you'll have yours no later than the middle of next week.

3. Reclaimer thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, you had the same ship date as me :)

Here's crossing my fingers I see a Powerbook pull up within the next couple days!

4. tikibangout macrumors regular

tikibangout

Do you have a fedex tracking number ?

5. Reclaimer thread starter macrumors newbie

No...In fact, my order status just changed from "Processing" to "Preparing Shipment" within the past hour.

6. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Everything I've ever ordered direct from Apple.com has shown up well before the estimated arrival date, with the exception of pre-ordered hardware (which basically ships about the time they say it will). I'd be prepared for the possibility that it may arrive early, and plan accordingly.

7. Reclaimer thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got the email saying it's been shipped, as a matter of fact.
    Got my tracking number, and it looks like it'll be here a day early...I'll be seeing my Powerbook on Wed.