Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
So I'm sitting here waiting for my new Powerbook 12'' to ship from Apple and I'm wondering where Apple ships them from? Do they come from the west coast, or do they have warehouses on both coasts?

krisjon

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2004
San Diego, CA
Celeron said:
So I'm sitting here waiting for my new Powerbook 12'' to ship from Apple and I'm wondering where Apple ships them from? Do they come from the west coast, or do they have warehouses on both coasts?

It depends on if your machine is built to order or stock. Apple's main distribution is out of California, but BTO machines have been shipping straight from the factory in Taiwan. That's where my new PB came from.

ghostee

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
Villa Park, IL
I placed an iBook order this morning around 2 AM. I got my "item shipped" e-mail already, and UPS's tracker says it left Bartlett, Tennessee tonight at 7PM.

Edit:: It is a BTO iBook.

Edit:: Actually, I just realized that the video adapter shipped seperately, and that is what came from TN. The iBook shipped today from Taiwan. :D Estimated delivery time by Friday 10:30AM.

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Mine was a BTO, I guess you could call it that, I only wanted the airport extreme card installed. It shiped yesterday from Sacramento, CA. Estimated delivery date is on Saturday, which is weird. Only thing left to do now is wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.