Shipping question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BPK1984, May 21, 2004.

1. BPK1984 macrumors newbie

May 16, 2004
    They are going to deliver my ibook while im at work today. Are they going to leave it at my door? or am i going to have to wait to get it???
  2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    They won't leave it...but usually the local fed ex office is open until might contact fed ex and give them tracking number and see when they are/can deliver it...might be after you get home...or you can arrange to pick it up at the office later in the afternoon/evening. I got my iMac (after three tries unfortunately) at their office just before they closed at around 6 I think.
  3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    If you have the tracking number already, call fedex and have them hold it at the fedex station, or re-route the package to your office. If you don't have the tracking number now, get it off the slip they leave at your door when you get home.
  4. kkikuchi macrumors newbie

May 6, 2004
    If you happened to choose FedEx *GROUND* (the free one, at least for me), and you live somewhere like Rhode Island where there is NO local FedEx Ground depot (unlike regular FedEx or UPS which can deal with such things, FedEx Ground, which used to be RPS or something, apparently can't deal with requests). If you don't get your stuff (or maybe, even if you do), call Apple and complain that the use of FedEx Ground is a mistake on their part. I asked if they would would be using FedEx Ground (and they said "no"), but fortunately my iBook got to the house safely, unlike a router from, which was returned because no one was at home when they tried to deliver it to my house three times (on two days!) even though I had called FedEx on several occasions trying to arrange delivery or pick-up.