Shipping questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by PaaC, Oct 22, 2004.

1. PaaC macrumors newbie

Hello dear mac-users
    I have decided to convert to mac and buy an iBook and the new cool 4G iPod. The shipping-times is 5-7 days for the iBook and iPod, but I want the dock for the iPod as well, but the shipping-time for that one is 2-3 weeks, and another thing that I might want has even longer shipping-time.
    My question is, do Apple send for example my iBook and iPod together first, and then send the dock when it is in stock? Or is this dock delaying my whole order? I want my stuff's right away! :D
    PS. I'm ordering from Sweden.

2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I know that in the US they ship them separately, but my experience in the UK is that they ship them all at once and so you have to wait until everything is ready. I'd imagine Sweden would be the same as the UK but I'm not sure. If I were you I'd not bother with the iPod dock first to get it earlier and then get that later. If you can find a shop, you could buy it there, since you'd have to pay a shipping charge for it separately.

3. PaaC thread starter macrumors newbie

Okey, yeah I think I'll wait to order that dock or buy it in my local store. The shipping is actually free of charge and I got 10% rebate bcouse I'm a student :cool:

4. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Free shipping applies on all orders above around £65 ($100), which includes any iPod or Mac purchase. If you order the iPod dock separately at the online store, it will not come to that much so they'll slap a £5 shipping charge :(

Anyway, good luck with the new iBook. My brother's got that same iBook on order. And my iPod's coming with it.. :cool: