shipping stop on 15" powerbooks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ogatasan, Nov 13, 2003.

  1. ogatasan macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2003
    #1
    i ordered the 15" combo powerbook 3 weeks ago at my local dealer in austria and he said he still doesnt know when its gonna arrive. he did not know if apple stopped delivery after all the recent problems. (by the way he said 1 out of 10 sold showed white spots after 2-3 weeks). how long did you have to wait for yours?
     
  2. ogatasan thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2003
    #2
    adding up to 7 weeks!!!

    called dealer and he said that all 15"Powerbooks are on hold and delivery is expected mid december!! what can i say :(
     
  3. vashim66 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2003
    #3
    my 15 inch pb just shipped

    Just got a shipping confirmation on my non-bto 1.25ghz 15inch pb this morning.

    I ordered it on Nov 5th and was quoted on or be nov 28th. Looks like apple beat that one by a long shot!

    If it makes a difference, I ordered mine through the online student developer program.
     
  4. cr2sh macrumors 68030

    cr2sh

    Joined:
    May 28, 2002
    Location:
    downtown
    #4
    Re: shipping stop on 15" powerbooks

    Looks like you made a poor decision in who to order from.. I'm not sure how that's Apple's fault.

    If there are delays in shipping due to white spots, then I'd expect you'd be happy that yours is going to be a "fixed" model...

    Sit back, chill out, it'll be there soon enough. :D
     
  5. MyPB&Me macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2003
    #5
    As of yesterday the 13th there sems to be a mass exodus of 15" powerbooks leaving taiwan. Everyone I know who had one on order, including myself has one shipping.
     
  6. Foxer macrumors 65816

    Foxer

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2003
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #6
    Mine isn't. Still Dec. 5
     
  7. ogatasan thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2003
    #7
    when/where did you order foxer and MyPB&Me?

    though the informations here are still controversial a little confidence reurned.

    we were already thinking to cancel the order and wait for an upgrade- just dont know when that can be expected
     
  8. Prabz macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2003
    Location:
    Meri PHILLY meri jaan!
    #8
    Waiting here as well...

    Don't mind the wait as long as I receive a *well-functioning* PB {...dont wanna say *perfect* and jinx myself now:p}

    <est. shipping: Dec 03>


    peace,
    Prabz
     
  9. skymac macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2003
    Location:
    Toronto,On
    #9
    oh how I wish I could keep track of my order but i dont want to annoy my grandfather who ordered it and an Ipod using EDU discount. He said he expects it by Early Decembre but im hoping it could be earlier.
     
  10. ogatasan thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2003
    #10
    should i wait for an upgrade

    since its likely that he will have to wait until nearly christmas, mr ogata already considers cancelling the order and wait until mid january.

    when do you think they will upgrade processor speeds?

    - somebody said its likely to happen by mid january at the apple*blabla*-san francisco
     
  11. Prabz macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2003
    Location:
    Meri PHILLY meri jaan!
    #11
    Well if a PB speed bump does happen then mr prabz would just have to say:

    ":eek:H WELL!"




    Personally, I feel it is unlikely that THAT will happen as the PBs were just recently updated. Plus what with all the screen fiasco, I would think that Apple would be already swamped trying to keep up with the huge lag in shipping orders/revisions that are already months & weeks delayed! :mad:

    On the other hand, in order to win people's confidence back, they might decide to dangle this carrot during the MacWorld Expo...


    :rolleyes: "oh well!"
     

Share This Page