Shipping time extended for 2.7

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by 4God, Jul 26, 2005.

1. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Hello all, just noticed that the shipping time just went from same business day to 5-7 business days for the dual 2.7 powermac. The dual 2.0/2.3's are still at same business day. Any thoughts?

(Sorry if someone mentioned this already, didn't see a thread for it).

2. iGary Guest

iGary

My order said that when I ordered and I got it two days after I ordered it.

3. 4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

Sorry, I don't think I calrified myself. I was on the Apple site and noticed that the shipping times were different for the 2.7 than the other two models. Could be high demand or maybe a change - come on 970 :D

4. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

I think iGary would lynch them if they did that ;)

5. 4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

O.K., I was about to order a second machine from the apple online store this morning when I noticed that now the shipping time on the 2.7 was again increased, this time up to 2-3 weeks :eek: . Standard setup, no bto options. The 2.0 and 2.3 are still at "same business day". What gives? Supply and demand challenges? I think I'll wait 'till after tuesday of next week to see if there are any updates or changes to the 2.7's. Any thoughts? :confused:

6. 4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

7. Xephian macrumors 6502a

Xephian

I want to purchase one now, but after this I don't know if I should. I don't want to buy one now then have it outdated just a week later.

8. 4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

Well, that's exactly my concern. It would be great however to see an update to the 2.7 - maybe 3.0? It just seems wierd that it's just the 2.7 that has the extended lead time.

9. Makosuke macrumors 603

Y'know, if they're really holding back orders waiting for a hardware update, then you'll just get the new hardware when it's released if you order now--that's the whole point of extending the lead time. If it's just supply constraints, you're better off getting in line earlier than later.

An update is certainly possible, but I'd figure you win either way by just ordering now if you were planning on it anyway. Besides, doesn't Apple offer like a week or two of price protection, if you get your order right before an update? Or is that something that's gone now?

10. Xephian macrumors 6502a

Xephian

Then if it is like that, I guess I'll just order now. I'll be getting a BTO Power Mac. I hope Apple has some kind offer like that too.

11. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

That's a wait. Just went to the on-line store to look - the PMs are all still labled as "New" releases. [clears throat]. It is interesting - a suppose a number of different possible reasons - part supply, keeping inventory low b/c they've been moving slow (which they don't seem to be given how many folks on this site seem to have them), or update. 2 to 3 weeks is quite a while for a system on the apple site. Perhaps we'll see something here or on the web in the way of a rumor in the next few days.

12. 4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

Well, went ahead and ordered a dual 2.3 this morning, (couldn't wait :D ). I guess we'll see what happens.

13. Alone2Gether macrumors regular

Didn't want to start a new thread. The ship time is also extended for the 15" and 17" Powerbooks.

14. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Hmmmm.... Well, they are due. Nobody tell my girlfriend! ;)

15. Alone2Gether macrumors regular

i'm holding out til october/early november to get my 17"