Shipping times are long?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Artimus, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Artimus macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2004
    I am still not sure if I'll be purchasing a Mac, but I will need it for September. It would be a 15" Powerbook if I got one. How long would it take to get to me?
  2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2004
    The Northlands
    BTO: 5-10 days

Standard: 3-7 days

This is just my experiend with Apple's ship times.
  3. w00tmaster macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2004
    Power books and iBooks are all Apple seems to even be able to deliver right now. so you should be fine for September if you order within a month. If you are ordering a G5 however, I would not count on it being there by September :mad:
  4. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    It depends on where you live. I live on Long Island and i ordered a 15" 1.5, 512 ram, 5400 hd, combo drive, 128 vram and it took about 3 days. I ordered on a tuesday night around 9-10 pm est and i recieved it fri at like 8 in the morning. I found their shipping to be excellent considering it came from japan. But i had free seond day air, i don't know if they have that promotion still.
  5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

PB's are fine with shipping, its all Apple has, everything else Apple has is being revised and is taking forever to ship. Apple really needs to improve their supply chain :rolleyes:
  6. w00tmaster macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2004
    Are you sure it came from Japan? Sounds a bit odd, usually they come from Taiwan.