SHIPPING TIMES

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by esegal2, May 6, 2005.

1. esegal2 macrumors newbie

My powerbook just shipped from Shanghai... I chose the standard free shipping.... About how long should it take....I live in Atlanta, Ga? (It doesn't say on the UPS website)

p.s. Do apple's computers usually ship from Shanghai?

2. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

That's where they come from. You're probably looking at 4 to 5 days I would imagine for transit.

3. esegal2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. It's good to know that my computer is quite literally on the slow boat from china.

4. Bear macrumors G3

Actually the slow boat from China woould be about 4 weeks transit time. It may still go by air from China to the US and then ground to where you are. You can tell by following the tracking information everyday.

5. esegal2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't understand why my computer is shipping from shanghai (with an up to 12 day delivery period) and the new imacs are shipping from within the US and with a 3-5 day shipping period

6. Danzsupreme macrumors member

My powerbook was also shipped today and doesnt have the time but mine is shipping from SUZHOU CN.

Can't wait, i got all my other stuff yesterday but what i really want is still in china, is SUZHOU diff from Shanghai

7. Bear macrumors G3

Did you customize your system? Also, Apple did build up a stock of the iMacs in the US. PowerBooks are probably selling before they're made still.

I've had an iMac ship from Asia in the past.

8. esegal2 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes... i added RAM... does this mean that they will ship it to Apple in california first, and then it will ship to me?

How long did your iMac from China take?

9. admanimal macrumors 68040

I ordered an iPod mini shortly before christmas that shipped from Shanghai. I just used the standard free shipping, and it got here in a day. I wasn't expecting it to ship from there...and I was very confused at first when I saw that it somehow got to the US at an earlier time than it left Shanghai...

10. Bear macrumors G3

Nope, it is custom configured in the factory before it ships.

It took about 2 days as I paid for 2 day shipping.

11. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I ordered an iMac yesterday from my campus bookstore. No way tracking it really. Any ideas on how long it will take? I got wireless keyboard and a bigger hard drive....

12. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I'm from Atlanta and anything I've ordered from Apple (no computer, but a custom engraved iPod once) takes like one day -- two days tops -- to get from Shanghai. I've never had to wait more than a week, usually much much less, except for an iPod mini back when they were back ordered (but it said I would have to wait up to 6 weeks for it to ship).

13. esegal2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you done standard shipping?

14. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Yep.