Shoaib Akthar's 'active sex life' earns him extra year ban.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dogbone, Nov 3, 2006.

1. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

I don't understand it either. But there you go.

Shoaib Akthar and Mohammad Asif have received bans of two years and one year respectively for their recent doping violation. However in explaining the one year discrepancy for the same offense the doping panel made a reference to Akthar's sex life and consumption of alcohol.

"Intikhab rubbished speculations that the panel was unfairly harsher on Akhtar than Asif. "If people read our statement they will understand," Intikhab asserted. "He [Shoaib] drinks alcohol, has an active sex life and he's been part of anti-doping awareness programmes"

link

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

AHAHA!!

Cheating dopers. Should be banned for life.

3. dogbone thread starter macrumors 68020

dogbone

Agreed. It plainly ruins sport as a spectacle for everyone including other sportspersons. I must admit I'm impressed with the verdicts considering that this was an internal inquiry and the PCB could have fudged it.

But in the light of Warney getting a year ban for a non performance enhancing diuretic that his mom gave him so he would look less pudgy on tv, anything less than 2 years for a deliberate nandrolone offense would be ridiculous.

However considering that this is blatent cheating by the worst means possible one cannot see Shoaib resurrecting his career after the two years. Which is a great loss to cricket.