Shockwave Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by The_Man, Mar 12, 2006.

1. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

I am on spring break and with a lot of time on my hands, I decided I wanted to watch the Game Show Network and also play the interactive game online. So when I went online to play Lingo, I got to the screen when the shockwave symbol comes up with a bar for loading. The problem is that it never loads. It just stays the at 0 no matter how long I wait.

I am using Safari, but I also tried it with Firefox and IE.

Does anyone know what's going on?

2. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

If you post a link to the content then we can determine if it's a problem with your machine or a problem in general

3. The_Man thread starter macrumors 6502

The_Man

http://www.gsn.com/itv/index.php

Its all of the games on the link. Specifically Lingo, Millionaire and Whammy.

(You have to have an account to play though)

4. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

The games work for me. Well the ones i can access as u need to be on when the shows on.

It wouldn't just be because the server was really busy at the time? Or is it the normal games that don't work too? If so try reinstalling shockwaves?

5. The_Man thread starter macrumors 6502

The_Man

I already tried reinstalling Shockwave. Should I uninstall it then install it again?

6. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

could do, i assume you have probably tried this but i guess you keep your mac on all the time, but a reset can sort strange problems.

7. The_Man thread starter macrumors 6502

The_Man

Thanks, but I have already reset a few times. At this point, Im not sure what to do. I guess its not that big of a deal and all, but its still kind of annoying.

Anymore Suggestions?

8. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

It's all shockwaves then or just this site? If it's just this one it could be a director extra that was used that you don't have in your shockwaves, or is missing for some reason, but a reinstall would have sorted that I would have thought.

If it's some sort of live feed thing it wouldn't be a firewall thing? Probably not a good idea to let down your firewall while online but you could try temporally to see if it now works.

All I can suggest is trying http://www.macromedia.com/support/shockwave/ see if you find something there that helps.

9. The_Man thread starter macrumors 6502

The_Man

I went on macromedia's website and they had a place where it tested both your flash and shockwave. Both tests worked successfully, I dont know whats going on. Also, im on wireless while my pc is wired with norton anti-virus. Could this anti-virus thing be blocking it?

10. The_Man thread starter macrumors 6502

The_Man

11. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

is the connection shared from the PC? If not then it is unlikely to, even even if it was still unlikely.

12. tfreebern macrumors newbie

GSN Interactive

I am having the same problem on our mac. We have two PCs sharing same internet connection through same router and both PCs work. I have tried re-installing Shockwave on the mac, tried using both safari and netscape (ie no longer available). macromedia site says the shockwave installation is fine in both browsers. i still get stuck on the screen which has the shockwave logo and the bar never fills up. has anyone resolved this problem on a mac?