Shockwave w/ Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by it5five, Jun 12, 2006.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I was wondering if I could get some help with getting Shockwave to work on my girlfriends iMac. I followed the instructions on the website about copying and pasting into the internet plug-ins folder, but for some reason it still isn't working. I'm not on the Mac right now, so I can't go check it out, but could somebody tell me how they did it? The directions don't seem to be working for me.

2. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

Double post, I'm sorry. But I figured out the problem, and thought I'd share for anyone else who is having the problem. Right now Shockwave isn't UB, so if you're using an intel Mac, you need to run Safari in rosetta. For anyone that doesnt know how to do that, go to your applications folder, just click on the Safari icon once, then press apple-i, then there will be a box you check that says "run in rosetta" or something very similar to that. Right now I can't tell much of a difference between Safari native and Safari in rosetta, so don't worry about it being slow. Just remember to uncheck that though when you're done using the shockwave player. Oh yes, and before you check the box, make sure that you are completely quit out of Safari. If you have any windows open while you do it, it won't work.