Shooting at NASA

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by katie ta achoo, Apr 20, 2007.

1. macrumors G3

story

When I went to JSC earlier this year, I accidentally brought my can of Mace with me in my purse. The guard at the front of the space center didn't notice it, so I kept it with me. I then went on the tram tour, where if I wanted to (but didn't), I could've gotten off the tour, wandered off, and started macing astronauts.

Security, IMO, is a little lax at NASA in regards to people getting around with freaking CANS OF MACE.

Uhm.. discuss? I didn't see a thread about it anywhere. Do you think this'll delay the next shuttle launches?

2. macrumors 6502a

This will be forgotten by tomorrow. No young people killed. No "foreigner kills natives" angle. No pictures of fruity smiling girlies for news-reading strangers to mournjerk over.

After the Virginia Tech shootings this is, to paraphrase Jo Moore, "a good time to shoot murder bad news".

I am all discussed out now.

3. macrumors 604

zap2

Come on...enough is enough!

To quote Fannie Lou Hamer

4. macrumors 65816

5. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Just another day through a crappy, disgraced organisation.

More funny NASA news.

DOUBLE POST, BABY!

6. macrumors 68030

joepunk

I prefer Dirty Space News myself.

I remember a time when I was on those tour buses going to the launch sites and the closest we could get was several miles away, basically just a speck on the horizon is pretty much all one could see. Just recently (as in a few years ago) one could get very, very close and I saw some tourists camped w/cameras at the closest observation tower, waiting for the launch of the day.

7. macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Incidents like this tend to happen in three's

Probably one more incident will come to fruit in the coming days :(

8. thread starter macrumors G3

In the Houston area, at least, there was a guy that went nuts and shot one person and killed himself at his apartment complex because he just learned that he was getting evicted.

9. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

When I was there last month, I set off the metal detector at the tram ride...I think it was my belt. It was a fairly windy day, and I walked through just as there was a good gust of wind. The guard waved me on, saying that the wind frequently sets it off.

I know there's a certain degree of profiling they do and I think I probably looked like an okay guy, but it's a bit silly to have a great big metal detector only to ignore it because there was a bit of a breeze.

10. macrumors 68030

princealfie