Short questionnaire for MMO/MMORPG players

Discussion in 'Games' started by ph0rk, Oct 22, 2005.

1. ph0rk macrumors 6502

My sample is one of convenience, not random, and I just wanted to make sure a healthy dose of mac users was a part of it.

I am a graduate student at East Carolina University performing a study about MMORPG games, and I would like to ask for volunteers to take a short (5 minutes or so) questionnaire. This research study is intended to investigate the effect of community interaction on the motivation to play massively multiplayer online games.

The questionnaire can be accessed here: http://www.personal.ecu.edu/jmr0218/onlineqq.html

If you have any questions about the study, feel free to send them to jmr0218@mail.ecu.edu - and thanks in advance. And tell all your friends!

Edit:
    More information about the study can be found here.

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Interesting survey, way too many questions about clans though. And the marital status needs an option for living in sin. Also this is an international forum the Ethnicity part assumes American nationality.

3. ph0rk thread starter macrumors 6502

Excellent points, thanks for the feedback. The questions about guilds/clans are so numerous because I hope to find a preferred type or types of guild/clan. There are many forms in-game groups could take, and if there are one or more 'preferred' forms, I'd like to know about it.

4. Jigglelicious macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

Answered and submitted. I left my email incase you wanted to ask any specific questions.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

That was an interesting survey. However, some of the sections do not apply to me (such as voice chat - the MMO games I play do not and cannot support it).

6. fklehman macrumors regular

fklehman

7. ph0rk thread starter macrumors 6502

From what I have seen, most people that use voice chat run a separate application (like ventrilo) in the background or on another computer for the voice chat if it isn't integrated in the game.

There isn't an osx client for ventrilo, though.

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I filled it out even though I stopped playing WoW recently...I looked through it and felt that it still applied, being that I was max-level in a top-end raiding guild and played way to much for my own good. :eek: Anyway I only quit until they fix my class (Paladins), and then I might crawl back and try to limit my playing time.