Shortcut for Words 2008; Page Break

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ChocoboNL, Feb 20, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Feb 20, 2008

So, I'm still new to the whole Mac OS X happening, just got my MacBook about three of weeks ago (very happy with it ^__^). But, there's this little problem. I'm now using Microsoft Office 2008, and I often use Page Breaks. Previously, on the windows computer I used, I could simply press ctrl + return to insert a page break, but this is not a standard shortcut in the Mac version.
    My solution - or at least, I hoped it would be a solution - was to use a custom shortcut for Microsoft Word via the System Preferences. I would like to set it to either ctrl + return or cmd + return, but it doesn't work.. However, when I try a shortcut like ctrl + cmd + down - or really anything without the return key - it works just fine. So, here comes the actual question; Is there any way to incorporate the return key within the shortcut?

Ohh, and now another problem comes in mind, I've got this Video_TS dir on my HD from a dvd which I tried to open, but when it's opened it simply 'plays' the menu. So I'm unable to actually select the option from it, and it simply goes to other part - like chapter selection - afterwards.
    It also plays little bits of the files, hangs for while, and skips a bit, then repeats the cycle.
    Anyone familiar with it? I use VLC Player Open Disk... with the Video_TS folder option.
    Ohh, and the files play fine on the windows pc next to me.. :(

I realise this last question maybe should be in another topic, or has already been answered somewhere on the forum. But I did do a search for the first one, and couldn't find any information on it.
    I hope you guys can help me with any of them, and thanks in advance. ^__^

2. macrumors newbie

Jun 26, 2007
    Page Break Shortcut in Word

Try this combination:

Fn + Shift + Return

3. macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2008

Thank you Brandom for your contribution, it works very very nice. Awesome :apple:
  4. macrumors newbie

Nov 2, 2009
    Welcome back page break

I thought I had tried every possible key combination. Obviously I hadn't!

Thanks very much
  5. macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2010

Shift + Command + Return

It's the standard combo
  6. macrumors newbie

May 19, 2011
    There are different kinds of breaks going on here...

• shift+fn+return = page break
    • shift+command+return = column break (same effect as page break only if you're not in a section broken into columns)
    • fn+command+enter = Section Break, Next Page (jumps to new page and a new section, allowing you to do things like change headers, footers, page numbers within a particular section