Should Adobe offer a photo oriented CS3 bundle?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by wmmk, Mar 24, 2007.

1. wmmk macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2006
    The Library.
    Ugh. Adobe's CS3 options are so aggravating. Am I the only one who would like to see a bundle including Photoshop (non-extended version), Lightroom, Fireworks, and the user's choice of dreamweaver or flash basic?
    Here's the CS2 pricing of all this:
    Lightroom-$299 ($199 if you get it soon)
    Flash Basic or Dreamweaver-$450

Total for either 'bundle' bought with individual apps-$1750. That's nuts.
    Granted, many students, such as myself can obtain these programs at generously discounted prices, but this is still outrageous. I wonder if there's much interest in something like this.
  2. archosage macrumors newbie

May 11, 2005
    I would be interested in just a plain non-extended PS CS3 for cheaper. I'll never use the extended version's extras in the work I do. LR would be helpful too in a bundle. A stock photo kit of

Photoshop CS3 non-extended (normally $299 for ext)
    Lightroom ($99 last I checked with my school)

for $199-$299 would be more reasonable ($299 being most fair).

(all being student pricing)
  3. Multimedia macrumors 603

Jul 27, 2001
    Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
    Photoshop Lightroom™ Is Not Part Of The CS3 Master Collection

They're calling Lightroom "Photoshop Lightroom™" now and it's in NONE of the bundles of the CS3 sets. Wonder if Liightroom is part of Photoshop CS3 Extended now? Or is Lightroom a totally non-CS3 product. It's not even in the Master Collection which seems to me to be a major oversight on Adobe's part or a strategic decision to get a lot more money from all the photographers out there. :rolleyes: :(
  4. smueboy macrumors 6502a

Oct 30, 2006
    It is odd that Lightroom is not part of any creative suite pack. They should at least offer a Photoshop bundle with it included.
  5. wmmk thread starter macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2006
    The Library.
    For my fellow students, teachers, professors, etc. Academic Supertsore now has a PS bundle with PS Extended and Lightroom. It's $390, which means you end up saving five whole dollars over their normal prices. Wowzers!:rolleyes: From what I see, PS non extended is available at the normal adobe store, just not the adobe store for education. I think I remember Adobe doing the same thing with Flash Pro and Flash Basic once they bought macromedia. Well, I ordered Lightroom a few days ago and have PSE 4.0, so I guess I can buy flash alone when I need it.