Should All Follow Through?

Discussion in 'Community' started by slooksterPSV, Aug 31, 2004.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Since the new iMac came out with G5 processor, shouldn't the eMac be next, then the iBook & PB or should it be the IB and PB first then the eMac? I'm not saying it'll happen like that, but its very possible because if they fit it into the iMac then the IB and PB aren't very far behind.

2. dotnina macrumors 6502a

No :), or at least I don't think so.

I think the eMac is almost done. I surmise that Apple will eventually sell it only to schools / businesses.

It will be a huge challenge to get a G5 into a Powerbook / iBook (though certainly, not impossible I'd think). I thought it might be easy at first, but there was a very convincing thread on this today that has made me think otherwise. We need to remember that size isn't the only issue; engineers also must consider:

1. Battery life!

2. Weight!

3. Heat / a cooling system!

I think when we do see the G5 processor in a laptop, we'll see it in the 17" first, then in the smaller laptops. OR, maybe we just won't see any G5s in any laptops for a very, very, very long time. :)

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i dont think apple will get rid of the emac nor should they. they still sell very well and are a great machine for people who don't have the budget for an imac. but things will be different now, since the difference isnt crt vs lcd anymore. ill be interested to see how customers react now.

iJon