Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Should Apple Allow ios7 users to downgrade back to ios 6?

• Yes

Votes: 304 52.0%
  • No

Votes: 271 46.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
Apple is like everyone else they follow the ways that others do. It is the same with providers. One changes plans, then they all do shortly after. The trick is to be different while still being the same. ;) When one does it and gets away with it eventually all will pull the same shenanigans.

Apple like the others have decided that they will focus their developers on the next upcoming thing. Heck they are so pinched for developers (I have a hard time really believing this) that they pulled Devs off of Mavericks to meet the release timeframe of IOS7. If they were to support the downgrade, then they would have to have Devs for 6, 7, and 8 (or whatever they are going to call the next incarnation). Don't think they don't already have a working concept somewhere for it and are actively developing.

I almost can guarantee that is the reason that they are using to drive this, the bottom line of dollars. It is cheaper to not have so many different lines to support this is why they also won't license the OS to other manufactures and really only offer a limited number of different devices. It keeps the capital higher and controls the environment.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I don't see how 3 days is enough time. Some people may not have noticed it was even available until well after the 3 days, then upgraded thinking they could just go back.

----------

Read about some ios 7 iphone 4 owners before you are blindly backing :apple: on this.

----------

now that I think about it; :apple: makes money off of this "forced" ios 7. If you have an ipad 2 and ios 7 is choppy on it and you can't go back, consumer thinks he/she needs a better ipad. Cha-ching, :apple: collects another $800

I don't think that is completly true. I have an updated 4 with i0S 7 and it is running without any issues. Actually better considering it is 4 year old tech.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Should Apple allow users to downgrade to ios 6?

Your response to my statement is invalid. My Mom's 3GS is running iOS 6 just fine which is 2 years AFTER iOS 4.

No, it is completely valid, as was my statement saying the same thing previously in the thread. Your statement was that Apple would not release a software update for a phone if it couldn't handle it. How your mothers phone runs iOS 6 has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Apple released iOS 4 for the iPhone 3G which obviously could not handle it due to how horribly it bogged the phone down. Your statement is the one that is invalid.

shmeffrey

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
Toronto Canada
I like iOS7 but it's too buggy on my 4s.

Things lag like crazy at random times.
Music wont play until I turn off and on phone.
I have tried everything and still cannot get all my music to sync.
So I would downgrade to iOS6 if I could.

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
Why do people claim that nobody allows you to downgrade? I have an iPod mp3 player but I use an Android smartphone. I can download any x.x version of Android that was ever released for my Galaxy Nexus from Google's homepage and install it: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#takju
It's fairly simple.

Some people here talk as if installing older versions is black magic and nobody, not even the mighty Apple, has found a way to accomplish it.
You only have to delete the ones and zeros on the storage of the device and copy the ones and zeros from a different version into it. Done. No voodoo knowledge required.
If anything, the current situation of iOS is complicated. Apple is running a very complicated authentication infrastructure, jumping through a lot of hoops, to prevent people from such a simple task.

These are your perceptions.

I would say the core functionality of a music player would be to access music, play, pause, skip, adjust volume, and have a basic selection aspects to access and select said music. Basically what the very original iPod offered. The functionality that has evolved would be features and not core functionality, but then again what would I know as I am only a certified QA engineer and consultant. Wouldn't core functionality also have the capability to access all music types and not just the Apple approved ones locking them into their controlled world (as you seem to be fine with this limitation on Apple's part)?

This is just not true. The very first iPod from 2001 already had a hierarchical navigation structure where you would chose an artist, than an album and then you would get songs from that album. THIS is what the original iPod offered and what set it apart from small 128 MB mp3 players who indeed didn't require such a structure because you could store only 20 songs on them anyway.
When you store lots of gigabytes of music, you need a software that is capable to let you keep track of it. All original iPods had it, the iPod touch and the iPhone had it...until iOS7 removed it.

You have every bit of responsibility in your actions to verify something meets your needs just as much as you expect/ require the manufacturer has a responsibility to meet your needs. Does every manufacturer have a responsibility to always offer what you want? Is GMail any less complete since it stopped supporting exchange functionality? Is Apple any worse because they stopped offering everyone the limited time education discounts and courtesy updates to iCloud storage space? I have never seen Apple advertise themselves as the "fun" company like you claim. It may take you more time to find your selection but the capability is still there just less efficient for you, sorry but unless the requirement that things be located in a certain time frame were guaranteed it does not make the section broken just less efficient (and Apple makes no guarantees as to speed of access of their music selections. If they do I would like to see the publicly released spec sheets as i missed that somewhere.)

If you are so unhappy with ios7 and were so happy with ios6, why did you upgrade? This is where you take responsibility. No one forced you to accept and install the newer version it was your choice. If you decide to buy a new Honda and trade in your old honda for it, then decide you don't like the new one for looks, ergonomics, and fuel efficiency does the dealership and manufacturer have a responsibility to provide a path for you to get back to your old Honda? If you accept an upgrade to your cell phone/ Internet plan and then decide you liked the terms of your old one better, does the provider have an obligation to get your old terms back for you??

Why do you compare the installation of a piece of software to a contract? Have you never tried a program just to see how it looks and works and later uninstalled it if it didn't meed your needs? I do that all the time and I'm sure that you do too. Or do you really study each program you come across WITHOUT installing it and after installation, you never ever ever remove it?
People who were unhappy with Windows Vista could just install Windows XP again and everything was fine. What Apple does here is unprecedented as far as I know in consumer operating systems.
Also, the comparison between trying a new iOS version and trading your car is ridiculous. I did not trade my device, I just installed a program. Programs can be uninstalled, that's the whole point of them (rather than hardwired instructions on the CPU that are fixed).

Last edited:

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Absolutely not.. Apple is a foreword moving company.. If they made it easy for people to run outdated versions of IOS.. The version use would become very fragmented like it is for android.. This would make it more difficult for app developers to continue supporting multiple versions of IOS.

Kurios2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
If you buy the damn phone, you should be able to download to an earlier version. It's not our fault if they screw up an update. Let purchasers do what they want with their paid phones.

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
Then there's nothing more I can say to you. What I said made perfect sense and if you can't comprehend it, it's because you don't want to.

If it makes perfect sense to you to release faulty updates and deny users access to the last properly working version as a remedy, so be it.

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
No they shouldn't, it causes fragmentation and leads to more work for developers who have to continue to support multiple versions of the OS instead of concentrating on updating and optimizing their app with the newest api's for latest software.

Overall it would lead to a much worse experience for all if they tried to appease the 5% of users who complain that iOS 7 is not for them.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
Once again I am glad that your perception is the end all on every subject. I don't see your problem. I went to the music section, selected the artist section at the bottom and was presented with artists. I then selected an artist and was presented with a list of the albums and the songs under each album. Hmm seems a lot like a hierarchical structure you are describing from the original iPod. So it is still there. Is it different and less efficient than before? To you and some others, yes, to others maybe not. Does it make it worse? For you and some, yes, for others not so much. Your opinion is not the authority on the subject as the core functionality is there and meets the basic structure.

As for the downgrading of your Nexus, yes you can use a generic one as it is what Google provides bit of they pull it from their page then you can't downgrade it either, so how is your situation any better or different than this one? Try to do the same for Samsungs, HTCs, and Motorolas and although you more than likely can get it on there, functionality will be lost as they all rely on customized front end GUIs to work fully as designed with their hardware. The generic Android OS doesn't include the full necessary driver sets (you would generally rely on someone to hack them from an older OS to get them working fully again). I have been to their sites and they only provide functionality as it is developed and usually pull the old OS when the new one is released, so as I said before few in fact most Manufacturers don't provide procedures or installers to downgrade. Not one Windows phone I had ever offered it. It was just you were all in when you upgraded, so your Galaxy seems to be the exception as I said before.

I am sorry but not all software provides free trials to allow for try before buy scenarios so I do tend to perform lots of research prior to even deciding whether to try a software or not. I am also a minimalist so I generally only install something I am interested in and really never uninstall it. Although this comparison is also about as fair as my contract or car comparison as you are now talking about functional software which is different than operational software. You are now in the realm of installing apps as that is what the functional software is. Your problem is not really with the OS but the included apps. You could easily download another music management app and calendar to fit your needs as I don't see much of your complaint with the OS. iOS8 did nothing to change the music and calendar apps that was a whole different change on its own, yet installed as part of the upgrade. I bet if you could uninstall those apps and install the older version of the apps you would be happy and not complaining.

I don't understand why my comparison scenarios are invalidated but yours are spot on. You are comparing phones to computers. Each is specialized and has its own quirks and limitations. Just because you didn't like Vista doesn't mean you can just reinstall Windows 95 or 3.1 because you liked those better. Downgrading is not always an option or possibility. Buy a Mac and with Lion and decide you don't like it, you can't just downgrade to Tiger since you liked it better. The world is not always cut and paste black and white like you like.

You obviously don't design software or engineer devices as you don't really understand the SDLC and how it really works, the manpower involved and the QA testing that goes into such things. In fact lots of upgrade able devices have code bits written into them to not allow downgrading. Think about TVs and stereos that generally write stop bits into their OS (yes they have OSs in them) that will not allow the downgrade. Once the upgrade is done, the system will check when the next procedure is tried and if the OS build number was lower than the current you will not be allowed to proceed. I have seen this with Disc players and Receivers/ processors as well. Many people were mad when the features they loved were removed and they couldn't downgrade to get then back. It has happened with almost every build of IOS where the holes were closed and one couldn't downgrade to get their jailbreak or speed from a prior OS back. It made lots of people mad, so why should this one be any different to be expected to be able to allow downgrading. With every upgrade their have been lots of disappointed and disgruntled users but it is the way Apple operates.

Last edited:

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
No they shouldn't, it causes fragmentation and leads to more work for developers who have to continue to support multiple versions of the OS instead of concentrating on updating and optimizing their app with the newest api's for latest software.

Overall it would lead to a much worse experience for all if they tried to appease the 5% of users who complain that iOS 7 is not for them.

Nobody demands such support. We just want to continue using iOS6 and old, unsupported versions of apps until Apple is able to provide us with a proper working revision of iOS7. As of now, it's simply not ready for everyday use.
Please, stop antagonizing people who happen to miss certain features from iOS6 that are yet to be implemented in iOS7.

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
As for the downgrading of your Nexus, yes you can use a generic one as it is what Google provides bit of they pull it from their page then you can't downgrade it either, so how is your situation any better or different than this one? Try to do the same for Samsungs, HTCs, and Motorolas and although you more than likely can get it on there, functionality will be lost as they all rely on customized front end GUIs to work fully as designed with their hardware. The generic Android OS doesn't include the full necessary driver sets (you would generally rely on someone to hack them from an older OS to get them working fully again). I have been to their sites and they only provide functionality as it is developed and usually pull the old OS when the new one is released, so as I said before few in fact most Manufacturers don't provide procedures or installers to downgrade. Not one Windows phone I had ever offered it. It was just you were all in when you upgraded, so your Galaxy seems to be the exception as I said before.
It's no exception at all. All Android devices sold by Google can be moved to whatever version you want.
As far as devices by HTC, Samsung and others go, I don't know. I've never owned one. But I remember my brother jumping between versions with his HTC phone.

I don't understand why my comparison scenarios are invalidated but yours are spot on. You are comparing phones to computers. Each is specialized and has its own quirks and limitations. Just because you didn't like Vista doesn't mean you can just reinstall Windows 95 or 3.1 because you liked those better. Downgrading is not always an option or possibility. Buy a Mac and with Lion and decide you don't like it, you can't just downgrade to Tiger since you liked it better. The world is not always cut and paste black and white like you like.

You obviously don't design software or engineer devices as you don't really understand the SDLC and how it really works, the manpower involved and the QA testing that goes into such things. In fact lots of upgrade able devices have code bits written into them to not allow downgrading. Think about TVs and stereos that generally write stop bits into their OS (yes they have OSs in them) that will not allow the downgrade. Once the upgrade is done, the system will check when the next procedure is tried and if the OS build number was lower than the current you will not be allowed to proceed. I have seen this with Disc players and Receivers/ processors as well. Many people were mad when the features they loved were removed and they couldn't downgrade to get then back. It has happened with almost every build of IOS where the holes were closed and one couldn't downgrade to get their jailbreak or speed from a prior OS back. It made lots of people mad, so why should this one be any different to be expected to be able to allow downgrading. With every upgrade their have been lots of disappointed and disgruntled users but it is the way Apple operates.

Thank you for wasting my time with such comparisons. I know for a fact that my iPod can easily accept iOS6 if Apple just changes a setting on their activation server and I'm sure that you know that too. None of the examples you mentioned above are relevant for this case.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
If you buy the damn phone, you should be able to download to an earlier version. It's not our fault if they screw up an update. Let purchasers do what they want with their paid phones.
No one forced you to upgrade. But now it is their fault for you putting what you feel is a faulty OS on the device. Then if something happens during the downgrade you would blame them as well. As a consumer you have a responsibility in this as well. Look at what happened when they rolled out a faulty upgrade to the Apple TV. It was not a required upgrade but those who attempted it and ended up with bricked devices made it all Apples fault. We claim that we should be able to do what we want with the device but require Apple to provide all the instructions and easy click through installers so yes it would require another level of support in the development chain (those developing the down grade releases).

----------

It's no exception at all. All Android devices sold by Google can be moved to whatever version you want.
As far as devices by HTC, Samsung and others go, I don't know. I've never owned one. But I remember my brother jumping between versions with his HTC phone.

Thank you for wasting my time with such comparisons. I know for a fact that my iPod can easily accept iOS6 if Apple just changes a setting on their activation server and I'm sure that you know that too. None of the examples you mentioned above are relevant for this case.

Wow you are an entitled person. I didn't waste your time. It was your choice to read it just as it was your choice to upgrade. You have responsibility in this as well, do own it.

I for a fact do not know that it is only an easy change on their server as I don't know what checks are run through when it is preparing the system for a new IOS (and neither do you). It could require an entire new install package to be generated, as it may need to verify the IOS on it already and that information would not be in the current package. It would also require testing and validation of correctness. Imagine the threads and complaints that would be made if you plugged into your computer and it bricked your device. It would once again be all Apples fault for putting out something faulty again, right????

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
Nobody demands such support. We just want to continue using iOS6 and old, unsupported versions of apps until Apple is able to provide us with a proper working revision of iOS7. As of now, it's simply not ready for everyday use.
Please, stop antagonizing people who happen to miss certain features from iOS6 that are yet to be implemented in iOS7.

Who did I antagonize???

I can't post my opinion on why they should not allow downgrading??? I was simply answering the question in the poll, but I guess I'm not allowed to state something that doesn't agree with your opinion huh?

It's plenty ready for every day use... millions of people are using it every day with no problem. What features you are missing that are so detrimental to your use of the phone? Even though YOU chose to upgrade to a new operating system that is apparently "not ready for every day use"??

Jesus, some people, so sensitive I swear, how do some of you survive in the real world.

One brand of phones (Nexus) allows you to jump to any version, but it's not the exception????

Android phones from HTC, Samsung, LG, etc not only have to wait until the manufacturer wants to update the phone, but then the carrier has to approve the update as well. You can't even download the latest version of Android on the majority of devices for sale TODAY!! And forget about phones sold a year or two ago.

Last edited:

eljanitor

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
All the problems so many people have had since they upgraded to iOS7. Just fix it Apple.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
Who did I antagonize???

I can't post my opinion on why they should not allow downgrading??? I was simply answering the question in the poll, but I guess I'm not allowed to state something that doesn't agree with your opinion huh?

It's plenty ready for every day use... millions of people are using it every day with no problem. What features you are missing that are so detrimental to your use of the phone? Even though YOU chose to upgrade to a new operating system that is apparently "not ready for every day use"??

Jesus, some people, so sensitive I swear, how do some of you survive in the real world.

One brand of phones (Nexus) allows you to jump to any version, but it's not the exception????

Android phones from HTC, Samsung, LG, etc not only have to wait until the manufacturer wants to update the phone, but then the carrier has to approve the update as well. You can't even download the latest version of Android on the majority of devices for sale TODAY!! And forget about phones sold a year or two ago.

Thank you. I have been saying all of this as well but am being told essentially the same thing, that I am wasting their time, and that my logic and arguments are not valid and flawed. I also agree that If only one device really allows it how can it not be the exception?? The device in question isn't even a phone but the iPod. I just don't see how if one is so happy and content with their device as it currently is how they felt the need that it was imperative to upgrade, knowing that in the past everything was always set to not allow downgrading. If they were so savvy and worried about things, why didn't they jailbreak and save their ash blobs in tiny umbrella? I have also pointed out how they are criticizing IOS7 but their complaints are mainly about two system apps that could easily be replaced with an third party app that would do what they want (as their complaints are mainly about the change in the way they operate and not about them operating incorrectly, yet the claim is that everything is broken and flawed. No just not the way they would like them to be which is not broken not flawed just different. They also brought up that the motto was think differently, so I suggest they do just that).

Sorry, now I am wasting your time also. ;)

SteaKnife

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2012
Grover CO
No, it is completely valid, as was my statement saying the same thing previously in the thread. Your statement was that Apple would not release a software update for a phone if it couldn't handle it. How your mothers phone runs iOS 6 has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Apple released iOS 4 for the iPhone 3G which obviously could not handle it due to how horribly it bogged the phone down. Your statement is the one that is invalid.

My 3G became useless with iOS 4, my 3Gs did run 6.1.3 fine, but that's only after suffering through iOS 5 which kinda sucked..

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Poll question: Should Apple Allow iOS7 users to downgrade back to iOS 6?

Answer: Yes, Apple should allow users to have the option to downgrade. But what's more important is that Apple provides compelling reasons for everyone to upgrade to iOS7, especially those owners of "older" model devices who are scared and anxious that their device might run super-crappy on the new iOS7. If Apple spent extra effort fixing this, then the question of "should I downgrade my last-years-iPhone to iOS6" won't be such a huge issue.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
No one forced you to upgrade. But now it is their fault for you putting what you feel is a faulty OS on the device........

This is such a weak argument, it's almost equivalent of admitting there is no good reason.

Nobody "forced" you, sounds like something a lawyer would say now. It's just your device goes ahead and downloads it without you knowing, eats up your space, and harasses you to install, as does iTunes whenever you plug in.

Then when you hit download, as you have dozens of times over the years, you're permanently in a new world of potential problems with no recourse whatsoever.

Oh sure, again, nobody *forced* you to be on iOS 7. You should be a good consumer and look on forums for all the fatal flaws and potential issues you could encounter... all the "it's still a beta!" bugs that didn't even bother getting addressed. The silly Music app that makes it much more difficult to use via Artists, especially if driving.

You're obsessed with passing the blame, but sorry the hundreds of millions of iOS users aren't as obsessed with Apple enough to go hunting for every piece of information they can find before hitting update. It's never been such a big deal before, why do you expect them to do it now? Not everyone researches things to death. Apple prides itself on being extremely maintenance-free ownership... very intuitive, easy to use, just do your thing and let the machine take care of itself. That didn't really work for everyone this time round.

The "fragmentation" argument is just as pathetic, as many people can only run iOS 6, and all the people who actually did the research that you claim should be done by every single person, many of them will stick to iOS 6 until a stable release of 7 anyways.

So how does leaving the signing window for iOS 6 open for a little longer, until 7.1 for example, really have a negative impact on you or anyone?

joshdammit

Suspended
Mar 6, 2013
If it makes perfect sense to you to release faulty updates and deny users access to the last properly working version as a remedy, so be it.

How about you keep the hyperbole and strawman arguments to a minimum. Otherwise nobody here is going to take you seriously (and clearly you expect to be taken seriously, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered posting.)

I'm merely stating that iOS is Apple's software and they are not taking over your phone, just no longer providing the previous version of THEIR software to you, which they have every right to do.

To address your hyperbole, the bugs in iOS are not crippling you to the point where you are unable to use your iPhone. Stop freaking out.

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
How about you keep the hyperbole and strawman arguments to a minimum. Otherwise nobody here is going to take you seriously (and clearly you expect to be taken seriously, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered posting.)

I'm merely stating that iOS is Apple's software and they are not taking over your phone, just no longer providing the previous version of THEIR software to you, which they have every right to do.

To address your hyperbole, the bugs in iOS are not crippling you to the point where you are unable to use your iPhone. Stop freaking out.

It is not Apple no longer providing older version of iOS. Every iOS is up on their server. Those old devices which stuck with older version needed able to download. It is simplely the greed that prevents Apple allowing downgrade.

Yes, Apple has every right to do whatever they choose to with their software, but customers also have every right to file complain and force Apple allow downgrade

joshdammit

Suspended
Mar 6, 2013
It is not Apple no longer providing older version of iOS. Every iOS is up on their server. Those old devices which stuck with older version needed able to download. It is simplely the greed that prevents Apple allowing downgrade.

Yes, Apple has every right to do whatever they choose to with their software, but customers also have every right to file complain and force Apple allow downgrade

And how will you "force" them? Yes, file complaints, that may help in the longrun, but it's not going to force their hand.

And how is this greed? They aren't charging us for any version of iOS.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
This is such a weak argument, it's almost equivalent of admitting there is no good reason.

Nobody "forced" you, sounds like something a lawyer would say now. It's just your device goes ahead and downloads it without you knowing, eats up your space, and harasses you to install, as does iTunes whenever you plug in.

Then when you hit download, as you have dozens of times over the years, you're permanently in a new world of potential problems with no recourse whatsoever.

Oh sure, again, nobody *forced* you to be on iOS 7. You should be a good consumer and look on forums for all the fatal flaws and potential issues you could encounter... all the "it's still a beta!" bugs that didn't even bother getting addressed. The silly Music app that makes it much more difficult to use via Artists, especially if driving.

You're obsessed with passing the blame, but sorry the hundreds of millions of iOS users aren't as obsessed with Apple enough to go hunting for every piece of information they can find before hitting update. It's never been such a big deal before, why do you expect them to do it now? Not everyone researches things to death. Apple prides itself on being extremely maintenance-free ownership... very intuitive, easy to use, just do your thing and let the machine take care of itself. That didn't really work for everyone this time round.

The "fragmentation" argument is just as pathetic, as many people can only run iOS 6, and all the people who actually did the research that you claim should be done by every single person, many of them will stick to iOS 6 until a stable release of 7 anyways.

So how does leaving the signing window for iOS 6 open for a little longer, until 7.1 for example, really have a negative impact on you or anyone?

The being forced to upgrade statement and one having a choice is entirely true. I am not defending Apple and never will. I am just saying that Apple is not the sole blame. It would be one thing if your device was broken and when you got it handled at the Genius Bar it came back with IOS7 installed, or the replacement had it installed already. That would then be no fault of the owners and I would sympathize with them. For those that willing accepted it, they have a share in the responsibility. It is the elitist attitude that since I clicked install and accepted the upgrade it is now Apples sole responsibility to provide me what I want that is wrong. People had control in this. As for the download being cached in advance and taking space. I think that is all on Apple and entirely wrong but that argument was never part of any of THIS thread as an argument fact against Apple. This thread was solely about those that accepted and installed the upgrade and want to go back because they don't like the way the included apps were changed. Why everyone thinks that Apple has an obligation to them to have the apps remain exactly as they were I don't understand. They could spend the time downloading an app that does exactly what they require and move on instead they complain as they think Apple owes them something (it is not like they charged for this upgrade and forced it upon us). Funny how the argument is made that software could be downloaded and uninstalled if not liked, so why not download an app to get functionality desired, is that not just as easy?

I see very little compelling evidence that the OS is flawed but griping and complaining about an app being different (as are the majority of complaints regarding the OS just being different, as the GUI is not lagging or slower just has more animations involved so it takes longer to complete which is not the same as a slowing or lag). If a developer did the same changes to an app we used, we would be mad and stop using or adjust to the app changes and move on. In this case we feel it is all on Apple and therefor we need them to supply us an older version. App developers never do or are required to and Apple never has in the past so why now should they be required to??

Just as everyone who tends to say "the user has ownership in their actions and it is not all Apple" is considered going to the ends of the earth to support Apple and a heretic, why are those on the opposite side of the fence always thought to be the voice of reason since they are not sheep being led by Apple? You arguments about Apple being solely responsible are not true. I am not trying to pass the blame but share it, like it should rightly be shared as this is on both Apples and the consumers shoulders equally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.