Should Apple Fund Counter Windows Insurgency?

Discussion in 'Community' started by lucius, Nov 14, 2004.

1. lucius macrumors member

I sometimes feel like a 5th columnist or a rebel when I meet people and talk about computers. Most people's perceptions of Apple are split between loving the iPod and thinking about their computers in terms of the pre-OS X era.

I feel the need to convert them - one Windows person at a time. So far I have 2 converts (plus a few maybes). I reckon Apple should fund this kind of proselytization - you know, the way certain governments do in foreign states/regimes they are interested in.

What do you think, this has got to be a good idea, no?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Hell, in that case they better start paying up NOW!

A lot of people around here are owed big time.

I won't bother with the cash, I'll just take a dual 2.5 stuffed with 8gb RAM, a matching 30" cinema display and a 60gb photo iPod... I'm not greedy.

3. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

they can keep my $$$ for the G5 PB and a 23" display. ;).

4. lucius thread starter macrumors member

Yes, perhaps for every ten people who buy a Mac on your advice Apple should give you a free iPod or something, that wouldn't dent their Vatican style fortune would it. I mean, especially now all the assembly is done in China - probably for 5 cents a Mac or something... anyway, that's another discussion.

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I quote a good friend of mine: "To wit, that any constructive behavior by an individual struggling to attain a counter-hegemonic consciousness in fact constitutes a counter-hegemonic activity/institution." Cheers!

6. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Agreed. I don't know that I'm up to a dual 2.5 yet, but I've at least earned a dual 2.0 and a 23" alu cinema display:)

Maybe they can have a form during the buying process that allows the buyer to put the person (who recommended they buy Apple) name/e-mail address in so that Apple can keep track of the "conversions" buy that person.