Should Apple release a trimmed down Shake?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cc bcc, Jan 30, 2003.

1. cc bcc macrumors 6502

I would love to work with Apple Shake, but it's far to expensive.

Is there any chance that Apple will release a Shake version that falls into the Final Cut Pro price region?

2. asparagui macrumors member

You couldn't really remove too much functionality from shake to make an "express" version without completely crippling it. Attempting to limit output to a certain res (DV) has its own problems.

The real problem, though, is that a shake 'lite' already exists. After Effects isn't a node-based compositor, but 90% of the vfx you want to do can be coaxed/beaten out of it.

-Brett
    www.universe42.com

3. cc bcc thread starter macrumors 6502

I like After Effects, but it's not really fast and doesn't make much use of dual cpu's. Shake however is said to be very fast. I've also seen quite a lot of things in Shake that AE can't do. And node based systems are nice to work with.
    Funniest thing however is the 3 button mouse that Apple lists as a requierment for Shake.. :D

4. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Users needing easy compositing would probably be better served with After Effects.

Shake has wonderful features but if a user is expecting a topnotch GUI they're not going to get it with Shake.